New toy :-)

For fear of getting thrown off T/net …

I bought a new toy yesterday & although I do still have the magnum, it takes up too much room for the projects I have in mind, so sulking about selling my toy, 'er indoors let me have a new one :smiley:

Wasn’t going to post it (took me 24 hours) but then I thought that I have become quite attached to some of you guys & wadda we do when we get a new toy … show it to our friends :smiley:

OK so it ain’t your thing, it’s not a truck :confused: But i’m so pleased with it, I just had to bore you all with one post (honestly Rikki & lucy, I promise not to make any other non truck related posts :slight_smile: )

Couldn’t afford a Twin Turbo & thought that a N/A one would be a bit flat … I woz wrong, it just has so much :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: factor & even a little bit of bling :unamused: Just an old man returning to his youth :wink:

OHMIGOD!!!

It`s a Mid-life-crisismobile!!!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Vince

:smiley: Could be an end of life crisis mobile yet vince :smiley:

to me its just another car,but it is nice.i have forwarded it to my lads pictures,he’ll tell me everything about it no doubt.he is mad about cars. :wink:

It looks kind of cool in a car sort of way.

It looks like you could hang it up behind the magnum with that big hanging loop thing on the rear end :stuck_out_tongue:

And here’s me thinking about buying a boggy old bedford CF camper to play with :blush: :laughing:

just another car … YEP ain’t they all but i’m still a petrolhead after all these years & have to have toys :slight_smile:

Hang it up behind the magnum :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Best one yet :wink:

Bedfords :open_mouth: I might have to now, can’t afford a chevy day van I wanted :blush:

Something just struck me as funny …

Most of my friends / customers look at the magnum & sorta treat me with contempt, like I’m some kind of unstable fool to have a truck as a toy.

Reading the responses here, it’s really interesting how different we all are. To me it’s everything a car could be & as near to a Ferrari as the likes of us poor workign classes could get (well, under 10 grand anyway).

My mother in law commented to Donna “WHAT the HELL is THAT !!!” :smiley:

Father in law says ZILCH

My son came home from work, demanded the keys & went outside to pop the bonnet & give it a thorough inspection.

Brother in law (who has a Jag XJR) took it for a drive & couldn’t beleive how it rides / handles.

When I was in town today, looking at a friends new shop , 2 kids about 15 stopped for at least 10 minutes discussing it in minute detail & at the same time a guy well into his 60’s stopped & stared at it for a few minutes, obviously intrigued or disgusted :laughing:

On the other side of the coin, my sister bought a horse recently, & i thought “better go & see the thing” & after arriving there, was quite interested !! Not my sort of thing but I can see WHY she wanted one.

Some of you got bikes - stunningly fast but not for me, although I still appreciate them. Others have showhomes, again not for me, but I can see why.

Aren’t we all the same - but SO differnet :wink:

Toytown:
Bedfords :open_mouth: I might have to now, can’t afford a chevy day van I wanted :blush:

Why do you think I’m not getting a nice Chevy/Ford/GMC Dayvan :laughing:
Funny thing is, after I sold the Thunderbird last year I ended up with a Mitsubishi Galant 1800 Glsi. Your average boring jap car BUT…
It’s as reliable as old boots, is cheap to run, is quite quick enough for me, comfy and sailed straight through it’s last mot. The only trouble is, I’m getting back into photography, just as a hobby, and I want to be able to have the odd night out at Steam Rally’s, Airshows, Truckshows and the like and I really am getting too old for the little 2 man pup tent I have now. So it’s back to a small camper :laughing:

Toytown im in awe thet is my ultimate car you [zb] you beat me to it ■■■■ you man i hope you get the best out of it you [zb] im so jealous :wink: :cry: :sunglasses: :smiley: :smiley:

simon

That’s a nice motor. :sunglasses:

I’m seriously looking at a car on ebay at the moment for fun, it’s not quite in that league though…let’s just say it was made in Czechoslovakia. :wink:

i just knew there was another one like me somewhere :wink: Man of taste Simon :smiley:

Dunno about the NA being the ultimate, a TT might be closer but even the supraheads with TT’s don’t knock the little boys version like mine.

Maybe in 3 months I will be bored & want another magnum :laughing:

stick with the supra rather than the magnum a ■■■■ site more fun :smiley: :smiley:

one of my mates got a TT he sold it about a month later he could’nt handle the power every time the turbos kicked in he ended up going backwards :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

simon

let’s just say it was made in Czechoslovakia.

Do they still make cars ■■

Wasn’t it them that made the Wartburg & Moskvitch in the late 70’s ■■

Were Skoda also Czech ■■ No doubt made in germany now, being owned by BMW

What you after, please show us all, might give me new ideas :smiley:

Simon,

You say more fun in the supe, but honestly I enjoy the magnum as much as any car & I can’t sleep in the supra (not got a night heater !). But, the amount I can use the maggie is limited, I casn’t get breakdown cover so there’s always that nagging worry, it only does 9 - 10 mpg, so If i went on tour, I could save enough fuel to pay for B&B & have a comfortable drive too.

If this supra turns out to be as reliable as the old magnum, I will be one happy bunny .

Toytown:

let’s just say it was made in Czechoslovakia.

Do they still make cars ■■

Wasn’t it them that made the Wartburg & Moskvitch in the late 70’s ■■

Were Skoda also Czech ■■ No doubt made in germany now, being owned by BMW

What you after, please show us all, might give me new ideas :smiley:

It’s a Skoda Rapid 135 Ric, going local to me on ebay, it’s been relisted due to a non payer. Last time it went too high for me at about £400. If it comes in at about £200-250 this time I’ll be interested again.

Skoda are still made in the Czech Republic, but the new ones are based on VWs (who own them), I’ve already got one of those, a Fabia, as my everyday car and for the money it cost it’s a cracking car.

Wartburgs were East German, Moskavitchs were Russian.

Skoda and Bentley are the same company now along with SEAT! all owned by the Volkswagen Gruppe.

I hated delivering a £250.000 Bentley Arnage and then handing them a volkswagen service book and key ring :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
I hated delivering a £250.000 Bentley Arnage and then handing them a volkswagen service book and key ring :stuck_out_tongue:

No way! Are you serious? My Skoda has exactly the same keys as VWs and Seats, but they have a Skoda logo on.

I got some seat covers for it today though, should help it stand out a little…black and white cow print style.

Can you tell I’m a man of fine taste? :laughing:

Skoda Rapide — i remember them :slight_smile: Bought one just after we got married in '82 when I turned into “Mr. Sensible”, sold a Pontiac Firebird to help buy the house & was left with a hundred quid for a car. IIRC we kept it about 2 weeks :frowning: My first ever car was a 110S Skoda, only 4 years old & i just could not blow it up ! (working on the theory that if I blew then engine, I could justify a new car).

Skodas of today ar a far cry from thos scrappers. Lee (my son) works next door to us at a skoda dealership & he’s often out & about in Octavias, Fabias & even the local plods 2 unmarked RS’s :smiley: I get to test drive most of them too, whenever we do a demo vehicle, the bossman usually throws me a set of keys :slight_smile: Not driven a naff one yet ! Even the little 1.4 fabia goes well :slight_smile:

Toytown:
Even the little 1.4 fabia goes well :slight_smile:

That’s what I’ve got - 1.4i 16v 100bhp. Compared to some of the ■■■■ I compared it too when I was buying (Vauxhall Corsa especially…urgggghhhh), it’s a dream. Gives me over 50mpg when driven carefully as well, pretty handy on the 100 mile round trips to work in bloody Thetford recently.

Toytown:
Most of my friends / customers look at the magnum & sorta treat me with contempt, like I’m some kind of unstable fool to have a truck as a toy.

I know the feeling! I always ask people why they think I am round the bend for having a truck as a toy. I am still waiting for a sensible answer.

The Supra looks a nice motor though. I have driven one of the earlier models and remember that as being a very fast car. (Don’t think you will have too much trouble fending off the boy racers) :smiley: