Mobile camera's...2

Sorry if this topic as been mentioned before. A few years ago when these dam things first started I was either told or read that they { Not the fixed camera signs} had to place warning signs just before where they were. The first one I ever saw had these signs about half a mile before them so you slow down, since then I have been past a number without the signs YET today I saw one on the old A 46 with signs yet I saw another on the A 46 Stratford bypass without. My point is this who’s right or wrong with the signs & would it make any difference if you got caught by the one with out signs. No I haven’t been caught YET.

Not sure about the ruling on signs.

I passed one of the mobile vans on the way to work this morning. That road has signs about every 400 yards.

The van says ‘Casualty Reduction Unit’ on it. As I understand it, the Police are supposed to use these cameras at accident blackspots or where there is a history of accidents.

Funny how there hasn’t been an accident within half a mile of where the van was parked for as long as I can remember.

i am sure i have read it somewhere or seen it on a tv prog that they have to advertise the fact with road signs at least half a mile before the camera that they are there, also they have to be visible from a 100yds and not hidden behind trees or bushes :laughing: :laughing:

I think someone mentioned the subject elsewhere on Trucknet…

They do have to display signs that ‘the area is subject to speed check cameras’ by having these posted throughout the area they dont have to put anything else up to let us know what they are up to!!!

Terry

I still haven’t had an answer to my question about the legality of these vans being parked on the hard shoulder of an urban clearway despite writing to both the Met police or my Labour MP.

I did have a bizarre conversation with a traffic policeman I stopped next to at traffic lights on my bike going to work.

Me: What are the rules regarding your mobile camera vans stopping to do their business on hard shoulders of urban clearways"

Him: Dunno, why don’t you stop and ask him?

Me: But that’s just my point, you’re not supposed to stop on an urban clearway are you?

Him: Well, there’s your answer, there’s nothing you can do about it is there?

So it’s one rule for us and another rule for them - what a surprise!

Name and Shame is the best idea. Take photos of these vans illegally parked and send them to the newspapers. One thing the Police don’t like is bad publicity! (Especially when specific officers are named!)

I think it has something to do with who is running them. The police have to put signs out, but the accident reduction (screw money out of you) partnerships dont because they are run by councils & police.