MMB & Dairy Crest - anyone got pics?

Particularly interested in shots with the old Creameries, many of which are now gone, in the background. Any of blue Mandators and ERF’s from the 70’s too - especially B series.

Not quite MMB but I believe the K Fell tanker was taken into the MMB fleet when Fells were taken over by Bewicks

One of MMBs fleet

And another in colour…Seddon Atkinson.

JOHN

Cheers! :smiley:

The AEC brings back some memories, mainly of seeing the road through the floor!

Strange they used Seddons for the small stuff, seemed to differ by area - some used Leylands, others Bedfords. Wonder if theres anything in preservation?

Three more here for you but there is a thread somewhere on here about the MMB.Just enter and search and you will come across it.
Thames Trader churn motor in old MMB livery which was green.

LAD cabbed Albion Clydesdale

Egro cabbed Albion Clydesdale.

Yeah MMB returns me nothing, I thought there had been some before. Hey ho lets start again then… :sunglasses:

ghinzani:
Yeah MMB returns me nothing, I thought there had been some before. Hey ho lets start again then… :sunglasses:

TRY Milk Marketing Board.thats the one but dont think theres many pics.

ah yes
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=37252&p=511835&hilit=milk+marketing+board#p511835

My dad used to repair milk tanks on farms so got to see quite a few MMB lorries, our local dairy was at Felin Fach, if i remeber correctly they remember they ran a fleet of Leyland Clydesdales and a few had trailers they would leave in a layby, once full they would return to fill the trailer then go off again to fill the tanker due to the small lanes and unmade farm tracks.

Remeber once we got called out to a farm where the driver had forgotten to remove the hose from the tank before driving off!

This would be in the late 70s and early 80s.

Jon

Found on t’Internet:

this ones had a bit of a ride out