Mistake on licence category?

Evening all, I was chatting to a mate about the C1+E category with 107 restriction (only tow upto 750kg) I checked my licence which has C+E and noticed that I also have the 107 restriction on C1+E. Surely this is a contradition in itself! The definition of C+E is 'any goods vehicle over 3500kgs towing a trailer over 750kg. Now although I never have driven a C1+E towing over 750kg, if I did and got pulled over, am I technnically commiting an offence? One Licence code says yes, the other says no!
Anyone else got the same on their licence? My C1+E used to be up to 12tonne GTW untill I passed the C category, then the 107 appeared.

Iv got that 107 too (booklet says 8250kg) but its within my car dates.
So if/when hgv runs out I can still drive 7 1/2 tone + trailer

There is only so much room on a licence

The authorities decided to list those categories wich have the longest expiry date

For pre 1997 licence holders who then passed LGV C & CE upgrades this means that they have two lots of C1s and C1+Es

As C1 and C1+E are subcategories of C and CE then those do not get listed when upgrading

I have a full D+E and D1+E with 101 not for hire or reward on the plastic bit and a provisional D1+E on the counterpart.

This is from the organisation that NEVER makes mistakes, according to their staff anyway.

ROG:
There is only so much room on a licence

Yes, but there’s shedloads of space left on it. The Germans manage it:

ROG:
The authorities decided to list those categories which have the longest expiry date

For pre 1997 licence holders who then passed LGV C & CE upgrades this means that they have two lots of C1s and C1+Es

But I can only see one lot of C1s and C1+E, ROG? :confused: (They could of have least left my B1 on :angry: - aslo note my eyesight correction only on vocational categories as it’s not that bad):

ROG:
As C1 and C1+E are subcategories of C and CE then those do not get listed when upgrading

You mean on a 1997-on upgrade?

You can see all those with the longest expiry dates
C1 from pre 97 is shown as that will be the same as car licence B

The other C1 not shown is cover by C because THAT C1 is a subcategory of C - same expiry date
The other C1+E not shown is covered by CE because C1+E is a subcategory of CE - same expiry date

Turbo:
I checked my licence which has C+E and noticed that I also have the 107 restriction on C1+E. Surely this is a contradition in itself!

Your full CE overrides the restricted C1E so no offence would take place if you drove a 7.5t with a trailer over 750 kgs. It’s standard practice to leave the 107 code on even when the CE is passed.

ROG:
You can see all those with the longest expiry dates
C1 from pre 97 is shown as that will be the same as car licence B

The other C1 not shown is cover by C because THAT C1 is a subcategory of C - same expiry date
The other C1+E not shown is covered by CE because C1+E is a subcategory of CE - same expiry date

Yep, I can your drift ROG, were talking invisible C1+E (vocational - not shown as sub-cat of C+E), where the acquired entitlement (grandfather rights) is shown as it expires at 70.

(unlike Waddy’s case) Doesn’t explain why the 101 “Not for hire or reward” is not present when the licence came back. :laughing:

Still, at least the didn’t rob me of anything.