Millar of abington

The mechanic:
Hi Chris. The garage was orinally built by Jim Millar in the sixties,previous to that he was involved in haulage as Brookfield haulage.Before that his father
Dan Millsr had a coal business.It was sold to Westons in the mid eighties and sometime later sold to James Harvie &sons who are the present owners.

Hi Robert. I’ll tell my old friend that Harvie owns it now,not before Millars :laughing:
I think it was the Albion 8-legger that dragged me from Lesmahagow to Abington in 1970.LM’s photo has jogged my memory.

Hi Eddie, I remember McMurdos. The driver you remember is Brian Buss. He came to work with us at Millars. He worked as a mechanic in several
places after leaving us.He retired a couple of years ago after working with Clarke of Smethwick at Wishaw.He was married to agirl from Crawfordjohn
but they got divorced.He re-married and now lives in Wanlocked.I was speaking to him last year in Leadhills.

Hi Chris, Harvies Garage was opposite the bank in Abington and was there from the the early 1900’s. It is now council housing.

Robert, you must be a similar age as me , the way you talk about old firms, I know you used to turn out in some terrible weather, and to me, the A74 lost some of its magic because of the motorway, went up to Scotland 3years ago this september, stopped at the cafe in the villiage, spoke to one lady who knew me, she was a young school girl who used to work there after she left her class. I must say I enjoyed going to Scotland, it was just like a local, after doing the middle-east, when I went to work for Bulwark " Carlsberg", they used to send me twice a week, I must have done 70-80 trips in 1978-1979, I nearly applied for scottish citizenship. Norman