Munro tpt Aberdeen/Manchester

Yes i remember Munro"s well,st,Machar Drive,Aberdeen,in my driving days wen working for Harris & Miners of Devon,always end up in Donside paper Mill,always end up in Bristol area,the bloke used to watch you from his window wen u were putting the sheets on,i used every sheet i had to keep the paper dry,wen i put my Fly sheet on last & finish, he wud come down & check it over,well done Lad,he said to me,Norman Croad,Torquay.

rivits:
No mate Munro transport were an Aberdonian company,St Machar Drive in the Granite City was the companys headquarters
regards :smiley:

Hi “rivits” Would I be correct in saying they also had a place in Glasgow in the 50/60s, Regards Larry.

Ahh MUNROS,i remember them for the being the first drivers I had ever seen go to bed in digs in ■■■■■■■■■■■ with boots left on, fully clothed with a bib and braces…, true.dbp

At one time I believe they had a AEC dealership in Aberdeen .

Ahhhh!!! the auld Yella Yites !!! takes me back

Stanfield:
Were they in what used to be the old depot of Barrs the Tizer pop company.

Hi John, I remember seeing Munro’s wagons parked outside the Tizer depot on Lightbowne Road in Moston back in the seventies. It’s got me wondering now, was Tizer the same stuff as Irn Bru with a different label :confused: This was in the days before the Eastern Europeans started leaving their free samples on the hard shoulder of the motorways. :cry:

Regards Steve.

Restored by Len Isherwood of Bacup Lancs and recently sold to a new owner.

I seem to remember Munroe’s having a small Depot on Liverpool St Salford, in the same building as Oswald Tillotsons.Highly likely I think with Tillotsons being the AEC agents,but I stand to be corrected. Cheers Alec.

Rigg end cafe painted one of the bed rooms in munro’s colour, there was that many of munro drives stayed there, their other watering hole along with the inter city boys was the coach farm cafe on the a66, there was some cracking photos of the 62/63 winter on the walls of that cafe, think it closed when the but the twin track over the 66, the bacon and egg sarni was a meal on its own, :laughing: :laughing:

A few photos of Munros fleet (not my photos )

Stanfield:

Roping over the Fly Sheet Tut Tut

Norman Croad Torquay…

6LX:

Stanfield:

Roping over the Fly Sheet Tut Tut

Norman Croad Torquay…

Gotta maintain standards Norm !! :open_mouth: :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.

Does anyone remember Munro tpt Aberdeen.They had a depot on Lightbowne Rd Moston Manchester

Were they in what used to be the old depot of Barrs the Tizer pop company.

Munro Transport (Aberdeen) was based in St Machar Drive Aberdeen,after their demise in the 1990’s a new company started up called Caledonian Logitics which is run by former management of Munro’s. Also a few ex Munro drivers & staff are employed by ARR Craib Transport also from Aberdeen.I believe Donside Paper’s troubles didn’t do Munro Transport any favours as they were their main haulier

Thats right it was the old Tizer place.I worked there as a roamer then day shunter from 1986 to 1989,happy times there
until greener pastures called me

I remember Munro’s ERF’s and Seddon Atkinson day cabs

stan brierley:
Does anyone remember Munro tpt Aberdeen.They had a depot on Lightbowne Rd Moston Manchester

Yes,I was working at Smith of Maddistons,Manchester when Frank Murphy jacked it in and went to Munroes,better pay I think was his reason

Munro - were they anything to do with Alan Munro who used to run out of West Pimbo.
About 15 years ago I drove a Volvo rigid (FL17?) and quite often used to have to call in there for back load south, if it was early in the week they would keep me there all week doing their local runs and give me a backload on the Friday. The pain was that the Volvo was only a three quarter cab and at one stage they stopped me parking in the yard so I parked just outside their gates.
I know Alan Munro drivers were up and down to Scotland all the time.

No mate Munro transport were an Aberdonian company,St Machar Drive in the Granite City was the companys headquarters
regards :smiley: