Mcfarlane transport leeds

any one got any photos of mcfarlane smart fleet i never got a photo of them at the time can any please help thank you :smiley:

hi any one with any picks of this firm please

Heres one mate,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

I did a bit of agency work for them and never liked it there,they were down on the Leeds ring road just passed the Rodley roundabout east bound originally ,i think it was 2 brothers who started the firm.There was an article in 1 of the magazines about how they got rid of all their owned vehicles and went with Salford Van Hire on contract hire many years ago i think with mainly F10s

cheers bubs

It was owned by two brothers Ian & Gordon who started the business in 1978 and sold it through a management buyout in 2004 and it went bust in 2008.The brothers were oringinally from Heyside in Oldham they used to live opposite my missus.
a few pics here from Bob Hobbs site transportphotos.com/road/photos

I remember them delivering paper to a firm at Watford, Nr Croxley Green, cant recall the name but they were there on a regular basis, As I was myself in the 90s, Regards Larry.

One of those brothers (I won’t say which one) once accused me of fiddling the dips. I was about to deliver a full load of diesel and he came running out of the office,“wait a minute, I want to get up there and check those dips, all you tanker drivers are on the fiddle” :open_mouth:
" Don’t bother mate, you’re not getting this load, give em a ring when you feel you can be a bit more courteous, you MIGHT get a driver who’s not on the fiddle"
So I took the load back to the terminal in Leeds, told em what had happened and let them sort the ignorant man out. I later found out he had been on the phone apologising and wanting his diesel.

cheers for the picks and info lads :smiley:

Some time ago they had a lot of brand new trailers standing next to the now defunct Birtley Truck Stop, are they out of the haulage game now ■■?, regards Larry.

It was rumoured at one time that Stobarts were to buy them out.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Some time ago they had a lot of brand new trailers standing next to the now defunct Birtley Truck Stop, are they out of the haulage game now ■■?, regards Larry.
[/quote]

Yep, they got into trouble, there was a management buyout, that didn’t go well so they are no more. They’d bit off a bit too much with that large new depot on Cross Green Ind. Est. Leeds.

ye they defo not trading any more

any one remember dave graham how worked here