Mill Transport (MTL)

Does anyone know anything about Mill Transport (MTL). What they are like to work for etc and are there any current drivers for them on here?

They are at the top of my list for job hunting at the moment - if anyone knows of anyone else worth working for in the Sheffield locality and are looking for drivers it would be appreciated if you could let me know.

Thank you

One of our drivers used to travel on the ferry from Heysham to Warrenpoint with one of theirs on a regular basis,and he seemed happy with his lot,but can’t really help you anymore than that.

Ken.

MTL are based just a few miles from me.

They run a very modern fleet of wagons, mainly Volvo’s Scania’s & MAN’s and a few of the drivers I have spoken to seem quite happy.

A mate of mine knows the bloke who owns the company and he says he is a decent bloke.

They advertised recently in the Doncaster Free Press for Class 1 Drivers (UK work & continental) due to new contracts. I pass close to their yard 6 days a week on my run (Adwick Le Street) and know one of their drivers. Passed him a few times this week pulling a Salvesen trailer northbound through Askern on the A19 as I’m going towards Doncaster. He’s happy working for them.

http://www.milltransport.co.uk/

They run their own driver training school too. 7.5t to Artic. I think they charge £30 per lesson.

Yeti :slight_smile:

Was parked at the South Kirby depot of Frigoscandia (Celius First as it is now) last night and their transport is mainly Mills … all decent kit … saw 410 XXL MAN’s and 124/470’s in there

They also sub for Morrisons at Junc 41 and do railway axles out of Doncaster

Thanks everyone

I think I’ll give them a call

Hi Dogman… I work for MTL Logistics…same firm, different branch. Always pulling fridges out of Tower PDC in little old GY…Some will have grown old waiting to tip there :smiley: Our conditions are slightly different to the Doncaster bunch, but all in all I don,t have a problem working for them, odd episodes, but then who doesn’t. Mostly nearly new kit, some of the fridge trailers are a bit elderly but they don’t belong to us. So all in all I think they’re OK :slight_smile:

Certainly looks like an impressive setup, even the website looks good.

Just wait till they get a visit from T&D or Commercial Motor, that will finish them… :wink:

I seem to remember the bosses name from George Allinson at Rotherham, might be mistaken though

they were featured in one of the truck mags about 6 months ago, possibly commercial motor.
the write up was good, they appear to have had some bad times but have got past them, they now seem to have a good business plan together and some ambitious plans for the future, i feel sure it said a husband and wife own and run it.