Mike medoza talk sport wants to know

Last night while driving from Glasgow…I Listened to talksports Mendoza show

For those of you not aware of this channel its basically a phone in on topics of the day.

THe question he asked his listeners last night was “Why when truck drivers are suposed to be proffesional drivers , do we see more and more accidents involving trucks on our motorways”,when these guys should know better.

Some of the answers that came back were what you would expect like
One Supermarket driver of 30 years experience said and I quote.

“Its the new generation of drivers …the goverment have lowered the driving test standards just to fill the driver shortage Gap” :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Now is it me or is that just the biggest load of bollox…I jhave been at it like a lot of you for as long time and if I had to take a test tommorow would not fancy my chances :wink:

Anyhow this guy is starting to like the sound of his own voice and goes on to tell the world that his firm puts them through a very rigorous assessment every year …“because when you hauling 44 ton day in day out you have to be sharp”

SUPERMARKET DELIVERY 44 TON EVERY DAY :unamused: :unamused:

Anyhow to cut a long story short we( Truckers ) got another verbal kicking from the media,…but with didly donks like the Trolley driver are we supprised :question: :question:

I come off the A66 onto the A1 on Tuesday morning and I see on the other carriageway SUPERMARKET load wrapped around another truck with its load all over the tarmac…I guess that driver must have missed his rigorous assessment :wink: :wink: :wink:

Cody , I think the radio stations plant these guys. Sort of Rent a Gob.

Harry I think they pick the “plants” from those who phone in and whoever they think will make the “best” listening gets the gig! But he sounds like a turnip to me!

Yeah probably right H[/b
This station I believe generates its income from calls to the station so I guess if you wanna get the phones ringing then your biggest audience at that time of the morning has got to be night drivers and other workers.
I can just picture him now every drivers rest room has one we have all met him…you know the one who wants to tell you his life story…and you only just met.
Bet he had one of those thingsin his ear that allow drivers to talk to themselves…its som kind of disease sweeping the industry…drivers all over the place talking to themselves…I think its bluetooth or something :wink:
Ill put mi tin hat hat on now :wink:

Just read that again Folks

Just need to clarify…

Must be the weather :unamused:

slight amendment

I would just like to point out I have the greatest respect for our supermarket delivery buddies and that people who walk around with what looks like a slug in their ears are fine by me too :laughing: :wink:

No personal attcks intended LUCY :wink: :wink:

thecoder0:
one of those thingsin his ear that allow drivers to talk to themselves…its som kind of disease sweeping the industry…drivers all over the place talking to themselves…I think its bluetooth or something :wink:

Ill put mi tin hat hat on now :wink:

They make me laugh them too. I know for some there a vital piece of kit but they do look funny, especially when accompanied by a pop belly, baldy head, and something what looks like a ■■■■ plug hanging out of the other ear lobe, oh, i nearly forgot tattoos as well!!! I don’t know if some of them look in the mirror before they come out!!

Sounds like a character for your magazine MikeC
We have all met him :wink:

I know some peeps need them but do they have to walk up and down the RDC talking in to them :laughing: :laughing:

When is the next edition out?

Mendoza has always criticized truck drivers, I heard what that other supermarket driver said & could not stop laughing, what a jerk, the assement i had was about as hard as getting a sun tan in the desert.Lots of other drivers at this depot say that, how can a driver of less than 5 years driving experience assess a driver of 25 years, when the assessor is only company trained & no formal outside training has been given to him.As for more HGV accidents on the road, I watched Police,Camera,Action the other day on HGVs & the presenter said he was told by the police that their are far less accidents involving hgvs because of the very stringent training & test they have to go through to pass the test.I would not like to take my test again.

thecoder0:

For those of you not aware of this channel its basically a phone in on topics of the day.

THe question he asked his listeners last night was “Why when truck drivers are suposed to be proffesional drivers , do we see more and more accidents involving trucks on our motorways”,when these guys should know better.

"Its the new generation of drivers …the goverment have lowered the driving test standards just to fill the driver shortage Gap" :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Now is it me or is that just the biggest load of [zb]…

It must be you. Whoever the person was who said that (highlighted) was bang on. The driving test for both car and wagon are a piece of [zb] and yes I would fancy my chances at passing both of them on first attempt if I was required to go for a re-test. Anyone that currently holds a licence that doesn’t think they could pass either the car or wagon licence today shouldn’t be on the road. Maybe then we’d get some decent driving standards and get rid of the all the SWAs on the road. :angry: :bulb:

Rob K:

thecoder0:

"Its the new generation of drivers …the goverment have lowered the driving test standards just to fill the driver shortage Gap" :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Now is it me or is that just the biggest load of [zb]…

It must be you. Whoever the person was who said that (highlighted) was bang on. The driving test for both car and wagon are a piece of [zb] and yes I would fancy my chances at passing both of them on first attempt if I was required to go for a re-test. Anyone that currently holds a licence that doesn’t think they could pass either the car or wagon licence today shouldn’t be on the road. Maybe then we’d get some decent driving standards and get rid of the all the SWAs on the road. :angry: :bulb:

Of course you’d still pass your test Rob, its still fresh in your memory having just done your class 1 about 3yrs ago, you’ll still have all that tuition fresh in your head.

Hardly… I don’t agree that something you did 3yrs ago would be “still fresh in your mind” :unamused: . Anyway, car test was 11 years ago and I’m confident I’d pass that on first attempt. It’s a walk in the park.

The thorny subject of Driving standards has always been a soapbox item for me, just [zb]'d off at the standard of driving in the UK.

CM:
The thorny subject of Driving standards has always been a soapbox item for me, just [zb]'d off at the standard of driving in the UK.

Believe it or not i actually think the driving standards are quite good. When you consider the amount of traffic on the roads and most of us still manage to get about without any problems, a bit conjested maybe but we all still get about. Sure you could highlight loads of daft scenarios from all drivers but you could always highligh some where someone has maybe made things a little easier for you. I know on retail work, sometimes unless someone shows you some consideration and helps you out you may not get into some places. I’m guilty of saying things like there’s loads of idiots on the road myself but of the (just a guess) several thousand cars you would share the roads with in a day it only takes one or two to upset you and hate them all!!

Mike-C:
Believe it or not i actually think the driving standards are quite good.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Clearly Mike-C does not hold a driving licence of any kind :unamused: . I think the above statement will soon find its way to ITCFR on LDF :unamused: .

Rob K:
Hardly… I don’t agree that something you did 3yrs ago would be “still fresh in your mind” :unamused: . Anyway, car test was 11 years ago and I’m confident I’d pass that on first attempt. It’s a walk in the park.

You can’t even remember to fill the tank with diesel :laughing: :laughing:

Rob K:

WHO SAID THIS
took a gamble last week at the new place I’m working at. My own fault really - my mind was on other things and I didn’t check the fuel gauge before setting off. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Checking your oil fuel tyres etc are all very basic things…I seriously worry abiut the level of competence of a driver that can not reach this standard and carrys a LGV licence…

What other checks does this person not make…air lines wheel nuts what :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Makes you think it might not be such a walk in the Park after all :laughing:

And your point is? What you’ve quoted has absolutely no relevance to the thread as far as I can see and all you’re trying to do is :unamused:

My point is that for someone who says the test is a walk in the park…but can not do the basics…surely he would be able to do the basics…what other checks are not done :unamused:

thecoder0:
My point is that for someone who says the test is a walk in the park…but can not do the basics…surely he would be able to do the basics…what other checks are not done :unamused:

Ah yes I’m so sorry Mr. Perfect. Of course you’ve never made a mistake in your lifetime or overlooked anything. I oh so wish I was as good at everything as you are. :unamused:

Mike-C:
[ When you consider the amount of traffic on the roads and most of us still manage to get about without any problems, a bit conjested maybe but we all still get about.

I would tend to agree.

With regard to driving tests, while the standard isn’t high, has it actually been ‘lowered’ in recent years? I don’t think it has.