Have you spoken to the BBC?

Just wondering if anyone has spoken to them and is man enough to stand and be counted for an industry they or we believe in??

I may expect a call of five live in the am so will wait and see but as I aint working much at the mo I figured what the hell, so any advice about what to try and get across to them or any issues?? and in what order ect…

Cheers Guys and Gals :wink:

At Peterborough I briefed the BBC on the state of the industry, Andy Salter ( the publisher of TruckNet. Commercial Motor, Truck & Driver etc.) went on camera as did a few other members of this forum.
How the piece will turn out remains to be seen, I hope someone can you tube it…

Well Done Rikki, Just hope this does not serve to degrade the industry further and we are shown in a good light not tarnished further…

Why can’t we be more like the French, I mean we all remember the fuel protests and they said that if fuel went above £1 per litre then this that and the other would happen but here we are again and we just roll over and take it…

Suckers that’s US

I saw it on BBC 1 this morning but unfortunately didn’t get chance to You Tube it, found this report on the BBC website: news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8037241.stm

Who’s the geeza with the ring in 'is eyebrow?

Is that in there for safety reasons, like he can hook himself up on the coat peg to stop himself falling out the cab after a night on the razzle?
Does he keep losing his keys perhaps and puts them there to keep an eye on them?

Rikki-UK:
At Peterborough I briefed the BBC on the state of the industry, Andy Salter ( the publisher of TruckNet. Commercial Motor, Truck & Driver etc.) went on camera as did a few other members of this forum.
How the piece will turn out remains to be seen, I hope someone can you tube it…

It was on the BBC news this morning at 0720 and lasted 3 minutes

post deleted.

Was that you on the radio mad dan just now?

You are officially famous!

Somewhat of a mixed message being presented to the public in that report with tales of hardship mixed with images of some very blinged up trucks. A neighbour I spoke to this morning who had seen the report, who isn’t in transport, said - "Things can’t be that bad if they can afford to decorate their lorries like that.’

Mad dan:
‘…Suckers that’s US…’

Dan, I suggest that we’ve been suckers for accepting political spin telling us that diversity was, is and remains a good thing for our country.

If anyone dares question what Gordon and before him Tony has spoken in this regard they are lauded as narrow-minded, bigoted or racist.

Thus - and because there is no ‘we’ - no readily acceptable or identifiable mainstream group is able to present itself opposing the onslaught of diversity in an acceptably coherent way due to the subliminal buy-in that diversity is apparently good. NB. If diversity is so generically brilliant in everyday life then where is the proof other than having fast-food shops gag for our custom with constant pizza leaflets and our dull/factory/warehouse jobs being done by immigrants? Surely the price of recession that we are paying now is evidence of this?

Incidentally, our membership of the EU is also subliminally accepted as brilliant but in reality it dilutes us whilst strengthening our impotence whereby politicians shall dictate their agenda whilst we tribally busy ourselves for no evident benefit beneath their undemocratic European umbrella of fudge…

British jobs for Britons (not for the feeble & misleading British People) & be a sucker no more with UKIP at the 4th June election.

i wish someone had mentioned certain individuals supposedely on our side… training places in the midlands…that are trying to put proffesionalism back into the industry. think they appeared in a commercial truck magazine last year… about june 08 i think, promises aplenty ha ha :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
harlow bogus job add…■■? these are people we share the roads and a slice off toast with on a frosty morning when its hard to motivate yourself…!! but we do lads ! so its not only all the cuts in the import/export industry off our great nation but also these low integrity persons who shall remain nameless ,who will if let continue to put the newbie to the most battle hardened , mile punching driver out there off the industry all together :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
we need to stand and be counted…!!! not drive 44ton for minimun wages :open_mouth: i love my job and want to be counted :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

i may be a fish,but i still want a bike[ /quote]

clarkys truck was in the start of the video lol its famous now. lol

well the one he took to tfest

tbh though that report seems a bit pointless it didnt really tell us much

It is was me after 3 hours kip though was not at my best BUT there is of course J Vine on BBC R2 come on lads lets DOIT just like Nike innit JUST DO IT!!

I is famous you are right, MOVE over Gordon you complete NEB (Non educational ■■■■■■■)

A second peice from the same reporter

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8037536.stm

Only managed to get the sound from BBC breakfast.

There are three interviews, the first two are with a truck stop owner and the third is with a lorry driver.

Theres another good report here… bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/chec … m=1&bbwm=1

If the link doesnt work go to the BBC suffolk website and click on the Look East watch now link on the right hand side

Rikki-UK:
A second peice from the same reporter

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8037536.stm

Lying bleeder said it was lunch time ! I started from there at 0715 this morning and they were mincing about with cameras then. Either that or they hung around for several hours before actualy filming the report. :open_mouth:

All that unemployment and all that bling hard to imagine eh?.

Happy Keith:

Mad dan:
‘…Suckers that’s US…’

Dan, I suggest that we’ve been suckers for accepting political spin telling us that diversity was, is and remains a good thing for our country.

If anyone dares question what Gordon and before him Tony has spoken in this regard they are lauded as narrow-minded, bigoted or racist.

Thus - and because there is no ‘we’ - no readily acceptable or identifiable mainstream group is able to present itself opposing the onslaught of diversity in an acceptably coherent way due to the subliminal buy-in that diversity is apparently good. NB. If diversity is so generically brilliant in everyday life then where is the proof other than having fast-food shops gag for our custom with constant pizza leaflets and our dull/factory/warehouse jobs being done by immigrants? Surely the price of recession that we are paying now is evidence of this?

Incidentally, our membership of the EU is also subliminally accepted as brilliant but in reality it dilutes us whilst strengthening our impotence whereby politicians shall dictate their agenda whilst we tribally busy ourselves for no evident benefit beneath their undemocratic European umbrella of fudge…

British jobs for Britons (not for the feeble & misleading British People) & be a sucker no more with UKIP at the 4th June election.

[zb]

( derogatory remark removed. please attack the post and not the poster ) jd

DaveL:
‘…[zb] …’

derogatory remark removed. please attack the post and not the poster

Must’ve been really good…!