Microwave ovens

As technology is increasing day by day, get the list of top microwave brands including the best models as available in the market. It include from all major manufacturers with there models and descriptions. Thanks!

ive had one in the Volvo and now the scanny for the past 2 years got mine on a 1500w inverter bought cheap morrisons microwave 30 quid …got it through Anderson plug …never had a problem with the batteries …just remember if you do go inverter …check the input on the little plate usually on the back of the microwave is lower than the inverter wattage

personally I would go down the inverter route. the main reason being is the cost 24volt microwave is somewhere about £400 and they are not the most reliable things, better to spend £250 on a good inverter (cheaper ones are avalible) and £30 for a microwave :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Holy thread revival Batman!!!

Bit of a spamming effort by Mr nilt-cam I would say.

Either that or he’s ignoring Coffeeholic’s DNR notice.

ShropsBri:
Bit of a spamming effort by Mr nilt-cam I would say.

I agree :wink: but it won’t happen again :grimacing:

Has anybody got any experience of microwave ovens in their truck.Thinking of buying one but was wondering what was the best to go for,12v or 24v or 240 with an inverter(not quite keen on this one though).Does it take long to cook things? and do they drain the batteries?Hope someone can advise me,over to you.

I’ve got one, had it for about 15 months now. It’s a 24 volt one and they take a little longer than a domestic one to cook stuff as they tend to be 500 watts as opposed to 750+ watts. I find that if the item you are wanting to heat has times for a 650 watt oven add about 1 minute onto those times and that will do the job.

I’ve not had a problem with it draining the battery at all and sometimes between parking at night and starting the next day I might use it for anything up to a total of 60 -70 minutes cooking and heating water for coffee.

Thank you Coffeeholic,definately going to get one as i am fed up of eating out of a can.Getting a new Daf xf next month so hope it will fit in ther somewhere.Cheers mate

If you get one make sure you have it wired in with good heavy duty wire, you can buy a kit for this, but it is a bit over pticed so maybe better to buy the cable and fuses from another source… don´t rely on what is on the truck as it won´t be strong enough and may at worst catch fire and burn your new truck…I couldn´t live without mine now and give it 10 out of 10 for making meals more interesting…

Coffeeholic!!

Is it wired directly to the batteries or through the fuse box?
I’m thinking about getting one for the Volvo,actually her indoors came up with the idea so I can take some of her ‘Home Made Soup’ with me,uurrgghhhh!
Also got to figure out where I’m gonna put it too!

PS
I did see you as you were pulling out of Ashford Thurs afternoon and gave a jovial wave,but I take it it wasn’t you parked up at Beaune Monday night??

Keith

It’s wired directly to the batteries, through a BIG fuse in the battery box. Volvo did the wiring for it. Mine is in the centre cupboard at the back of the cab above the bunks, handy there as it is right next to the fridge.

I did catch site of you as I got to the bottom of the slip at Ashford on Thursday and returned your jovial wave. :smiley:

I was parked in Beaune on Monday night, right over in the last row, furthest from the restaurant… Didn’t see you.

Neil

Ah so that was you at Beaune then.I stopped there for a meal and went on to park at Macon.
Next time I’ll come and bang on yer door! :laughing:

And I could do you a meal in the microwave and save you a few Euros… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: