Merc MP2 spots question?

Has any one wired up the spots themself, i have been quoted £400 to wire in the spots , the fitting is already done ,so its just a matter of hard wiring them in
and the wires are down to the fuse box(circit breakers) ,
but the guy who picks up the truck (merc driver)has told me not to touch them ourself as they are very complicated with the wiring merc use?(multiplexing■■?) i know you can move the switches around on the dash because of this but are they just trying to be the usual “stealers” and rip me/Co off?
ANY Advice would be appriciated, the guy who does my wiring is very good , and has wired many spots/additional lights to his dads scania , in fact i trust his work more than some of the sparks i have come across at deallers!
4 x 1 spots £300,
merc to wire them 5 hours labour @ £65
also £ 80 worth of parts ! (switch/realys etc)

I can’t advise on how delicate the system is - I know very little about electronics.

But I can confirm that the Actros MP2 uses CAN-Bus multiplexing.

I would have thought that any decent auto-spark would have come across this before. It’s a newish idea, but it’s been around for a while now.

Good luck with it anyway. :wink:

Cheers mate ,
am 99% sure he could do the job with no hastles and to be honest hes sure he can as all he needs to do is take a direct feed direct from the battery and then just take a source of a light etc ,
BUT to he honest i dont want to risk a almost new truck , going up in flames or a fryed gearbox!

and taking direct feeds from the battery is the most likely way to make just that happen!

am not talking straight wire to it , it would have been done thru relays etc
but its a mute point now

Your merc driver/tech is correct in what he is saying,it needs to wired in correctly using the right switch,programmed into the base module and a micro relay .Dont wire it to any other source or your likely to destroy your base module or have bulb warning failure warnings every time you try to use them.
I work at an independent merc garage with star diagnosis, if you run into the north wales area we could possibly do it for you,let me know.

i got merc to wire mine up for free, agreed the price for the new truck and then just got the salesmen to tell them to fit them for me as a goodwill gesture :smiley:
going back to the canbus on the mp2, i asked a very good auto electric shop to fit an alarm on the truck for me, told me it couldn,t be done as they wouldn,t touch a canbus system while the truck was in warranty and said the dealer would have to fit it for me good luck whichever way you go