Medical

Does anybody know for certain what happens if I miss my medical (45) ?

I know that after my 45th birthday I no longer have a LGV licence, but can I go for the medical a month or year later & just “resume”, or have I lost it for good ?

Not quite there yet but VERY close (usual story, don’t use the licence & have been too busy to bother with the medical)

Toytown:

I’ve heard your balls shrivel up and die! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley:

I think you will be ok so long as you don’t leave it too long.

A quick call to dvla will answer your question.

The hardest bit will be paying the doctors fee!

Toytown:
but can I go for the medical a month or year later & just “resume”, or have I lost it for good ?

From memory, I’m sure I worked with a driver once who had let his LGV licence lapse and simply had to send a medical report off to regain it. I’m also sure it had been expired for several years.

you know about it …get the licence sorted cos if you have it you can use it…and it will still expire at 50 :laughing:

The people who do know are the DVLA in Swansea, same applies to the next question. After all, who better to ask than those with all your relevant details and whose decision it is?.

I know that after my 45th birthday I no longer have a LGV licence, but can I go for the medical a month or year later & just “resume”, or have I lost it for good ?

But, as a guideline, I renewed mine in 2002 after letting it lapse for about 12 years while working in engineering. All it involved was simple phone call to Swansea, who said that in my case there was no problem with the date it expired, then a medical costing £60 from my GP in March, a couple of photos taken and that was it. I had the renewed LGV licence back about a fortnight after making the call.

For a Government Department, I found the DVLA very helpful - they told me what I needed to know straight away and sent me the LGV renewal forms two days later.

Killsville Wrote

Try these http://www.driversmedicals.com/

It should help with the pain :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks guys - what I needed to hear cos me birthday is next week :smiley:

sheeter, who did ya go to in March ? £60 sounds very reasonable unless it was done in 1955 :laughing:

Toytown:
£60 sounds very reasonable

The link posted above claim to do it for £38, even better :slight_smile:

mrpj wrote

The link posted above claim to do it for £38, even better

The link posted above do, do it at £38. I got mine done at a surgery in Hull through them.

ron9516:
Killsville Wrote

Try these http://www.driversmedicals.com/

It should help with the pain :smiley: :smiley:

Got mine for free back in 1994. However, I have a different doctor now and they are in the process of building a new surgery/clinic so somebody will have to pay! Luckily I don’t need a medical until 2017 :smiley:

Fortunetly nowadays you can get your medical done anywhere, not like before where it had to be at the doctors you were registered at, which meant that most people got ripped off. Thanks to El Gordo on here I only payed £25/30 (can’t remember now) for my medical, which is a darn sight cheaper than the almost £100 that many doctors sugeries charge.

• Toytown. you should have PM.

Of course you can get a cheap medical, but for the one quoted on the link, you’d have get over to Northampton for it - I’m assuming you are in, or near, March. But, although it’s only £38 for the medical, add on transport there and back, plus your time, then do the sums and, to me, I’d rather go to my GP. Also, he has knowledge of my overall health, something the thirty-eight quid guy doesn’t have.

hull for medical next to the old grey mare pub if you time your medical right you can have a pint afterwards very considerate , or have a few after depending how the medical goes

Thanks Sheeter.

Yes I am in March (well outskirts)

I thought the same about travelling to get a chepa deal, lots of wasted time, fuel expenses etc, not worth the aggro really. I don’t even know my Doc’s name, never met him :laughing: I tihnk I have been twice since I passed my HGV in 82, not one for making a habit of it & going for the 3rd time in a lifetime does seem excessive, if neccessary :confused:

Will look at PM now :slight_smile:

I’ve heard your balls shrivel up and die!

i’m sure that’s not true, I think it was the cold water :laughing:

Hope things are improving for you with that daf piece of junk :wink:

A doctor in Shrewsbury, Dr Hill I think, did mine for 28 quid in 04, but i only got a months use out of it due to heart attack! I dont know if he still does them.

Now Im bypassed and good to go, Ive got to get another bleedin medical so i can get my lisense back!

I reckon I’ll have to pay for it again, and Im wondering if the DVLA will make me use a doc of their choosing? Anybody know?

Mal:
A doctor in Shrewsbury, Dr Hill I think, did mine for 28 quid in 04, but i only got a months use out of it due to heart attack! I dont know if he still does them.

Now Im bypassed and good to go, Ive got to get another bleedin medical so i can get my lisense back!

I reckon I’ll have to pay for it again, and Im wondering if the DVLA will make me use a doc of their choosing? Anybody know?

Glad to know your on the road to recovery Mal, but it doesn’t say a lot if they passed you fit a month before :astonished:

Thats the thing with heart disease Gardun, there aint a way of knowing as far as I know, till you keel over or something! Blood pressure allways been spot on, ect, ect. I passed legit!

Mal:
Thats the thing with heart disease Gardun, there aint a way of knowing as far as I know, till you keel over or something! Blood pressure allways been spot on, ect, ect. I passed legit!

Very true Mal - my mother’s just come out of hospital after being rushed in with high BP and turned out to be blood clots on the lung. Nobody seems to know what caused it though. Very lucky to be caught in time.
Hope you pass this time - good luck mate :exclamation: