Matrix signs yet again!

So, i was on the M25 tonight approaching j12 for M3, signs said Delays j13 - 14 10 minute delay. I joined the queue between j 12 and 13 with the matrix showing 50, next one showed 40 with lane 4 showing an arrow meaning move out of this lane. When i got to J 14 there was a truck broken done in lane 1, yet the signs were directing traffic from lane 4 into lane 3, and traffic from lane 1 was trying to get into lane 2 Result? total chaos. The next matrix showed a closure of lane 4 with 60 in the other lanes! There was of course, no problem at all in lane 4, just the clowns in the control room closing the wrong lane. When will they get it right?

When you get off TNUK moaning and ring 0300 123 5000

or try highways.gov.uk/customer/25143.aspx

Even has the complaints procedure on there,

They ‘may’ take more interest or have more power to do something about it than a bunch of whiny truckers with too much time on their hands :smiling_imp:

Oh touched a nerve there I think! FYI traffic officers were on scene. They must have seen the incorrect information and the problems that were beinf caused. They are in radio contact with the control room, so surely the situation could have been sorted quicker than waiting until I am in front of a computer or can use a phone to leave a message that someone will read the next day. But of course, when we say anything, we are just whinging drivers who count for nothing, even though we also are tax payers who fund the highways agency

speedyguy:
When you get off TNUK moaning and ring 0300 123 5000

or try highways.gov.uk/customer/25143.aspx

Even has the complaints procedure on there,

They ‘may’ take more interest or have more power to do something about it than a bunch of whiny truckers with too much time on their hands :smiling_imp:

I have already complained about this sort of thing about 3 years ago so lots has changed has it not.

Obviously someone got it wrong.
It’s not the first time and it won’t be the last time.
It COULD be the RCC operator, but if there were no CCTV there to confirm the c/way I think my money would be safe in betting that someone at the scene has called up the wrong c/way for the lane closure to be set.
Once noticed, for the quickest operator it still takes about 2 mins to change the settings.

Another excellent example of why HA should be binned. Create more problems than they solve. Useless [zb]s.

Rob K:
Another excellent example of why HA should be binned. Create more problems than they solve. Useless [zb]s.

+1

Rob K:

As per usual, you talk through your rear and jump to conclusions! you have no idea why, or what happened, it could have been any of the emergency services that gave the wrong c/way, or the op, you have no knowledge!
Stop bleeting on here and make a complaint, who-ever it was will then get a “meeting without coffee”

The real Biffo:

Rob K:

As per usual, you talk through your rear and jump to conclusions! you have no idea why, or what happened, it could have been any of the emergency services that gave the wrong c/way, or the op, you have no knowledge!
Stop bleeting on here and make a complaint, who-ever it was will then get a “meeting without coffee”

No you just can’t accept that you’re all hopeless. It’s a job for life’s rejects and failures.

Rob K:

The real Biffo:

Rob K:

No you just can’t accept that you’re all hopeless. It’s a job for life’s rejects and failures.

Spot on Rob K, don’t know u or the poster but you are bang on!!

I was down the M25 between M40 and M3 a few days ago around 7am, One of the Matrix signs popped up at 40 mph, and as quick as that popped up, 50mph and then quickly down to 40mph again

As most of us know, some of these matrix signs are linked with lane speed cameras, Or Sorry Safety Cameras (Liars)

Seems that either the controllers need sorting, or there is a major problem with these signs, Maybe they are too old and need new ones, maybe a few more 10’s millions will be wasted on roadworks to replace these signs
My major concern is If I was driving at 50 and then I went thru one which is linked to a Speed camera and it flashed due to changing to 40mph, Maybe I could be facing a speeding fine ? and some drivers facing a ban due to the tot up procedure,

edited to put M25 (cleaver bugger lol x)

PinkLadyTrucker:
I was down the M2 between M40 and M3 a few days ago around 7am, One of the Matrix signs popped up at 40 mph, and as quick as that popped up, 50mph and then quickly down to 40mph again

As most of us know, some of these matrix signs are linked with lane speed cameras, Or Sorry Safety Cameras (Liars)

Seems that either the controllers need sorting, or there is a major problem with these signs, Maybe they are too old and need new ones, maybe a few more 10’s millions will be wasted on roadworks to replace these signs
My major concern is If I was driving at 50 and then I went thru one which is linked to a Speed camera and it flashed due to changing to 40mph, Maybe I could be facing a speeding fine ? and some drivers facing a ban due to the tot up procedure,

Just goes to show how easy it is to give the wrong info . . . isnt the M2 in Kent? :laughing: :laughing:

Rob K:

Here,here Rob ,couldnt agree more,if this gov wants to make cuts and save money they ought to get rid of these HA blokes and the useless ■■■■■ that operate the matrix boards… :imp: ■■■■■■■

I don’t agree that we should get rid of HATO or the sign operators, we just need to employ swiss ones, they seem to keep tihngs running well.

We could save £millions by loosing the HA then we could also save £millions by having stricter driving regulations so we can loose the SMALL minority of unprofessional truck drivers who roll their trucks, collide with other vehicles etc that cause massive congestion and c/way closures which cost UK PLC £millions, then we will all be happy??
Wrong information can be given to control rooms when signals are requested. Last night M1 J10 Northbound, was showing three red Xs across the c/way because the control room had been told the closure was at J10 when it was at J11. This was requested by a contractor, not by HA, so cannot really blame HA for that!!
As me and my colleagues have said numerous times, we do have people working for us, on and off road, that shouldnt be let out of their institutions, let alone be allowed to operate on motorways, but then every industry has them.

extrucker:
We could save £millions by loosing the HA then we could also save £millions by having stricter driving regulations so we can loose the SMALL minority of unprofessional truck drivers who roll their trucks, collide with other vehicles etc that cause massive congestion and c/way closures which cost UK PLC £millions, then we will all be happy??
Wrong information can be given to control rooms when signals are requested. Last night M1 J10 Northbound, was showing three red Xs across the c/way because the control room had been told the closure was at J10 when it was at J11. This was requested by a contractor, not by HA, so cannot really blame HA for that!!
As me and my colleagues have said numerous times, we do have people working for us, on and off road, that shouldnt be let out of their institutions, let alone be allowed to operate on motorways, but then every industry has them.

Never HAs fault. Oh no. They can do no wrong. Always someone else’s fault, contractors, truckers etc. etc. Unbelievable. :unamused: [zb] [zb]s.

Rob K:

Absolute bull.

More like a job for poeople who want to assist road users to be able continue to go about their lawfull & timely every day pursuits and help people (so far they are allowed by red tape) in times of need/distress.

Rob K, I think if you look through the threads of mine and my colleagues, most of us hold our hands up and say that the HA is far from perfect. We know, we work for them. Unlike you I can admit that sometimes its our fault but sometimes its not. I have the ability to see opinions from different viewpoints, as Coffeeholic stated in his report.
Its strange that I deal with truck drivers on a daily basis and the majority are nice people but the minority, that come across as a********s, are usually the ones in the wrong, having tacho breaks on h/s,running inside cones in work’s area to avoid congestion.

extrucker:
Its strange that I deal with truck drivers on a daily basis and the majority are nice people but the minority, that come across as a********s, are usually the ones in the wrong, having tacho breaks on h/s,running inside cones in work’s area to avoid congestion.

As your username states you are Ex so your not allowed an opinion on here :laughing:

extrucker:
Rob K, I think if you look through the threads of mine and my colleagues, most of us hold our hands up and say that the HA is far from perfect. We know, we work for them. Unlike you I can admit that sometimes its our fault but sometimes its not. I have the ability to see opinions from different viewpoints, as Coffeeholic stated in his report.

I’m a ‘semi’ :open_mouth: Ex still have the licences but not interested in them, there are those who do ‘agency’ to keep a hand in, as well as all those ‘wannabee’ retired coppers etc but as we all have a good Handle on Popcorn face eating Rob’s opinion ‘he’s just one of those guys who know’s it all’ :smiley:

Rob, could you tell me in simple language why it is still so prevalent for Truck drivers to keep loseing straps on the c/way on a daily basis ? :grimacing:

Or, Running in to the back of one another while convoying ? :grimacing:

Not that i really give a toss anymore :smiley: it’s just that they keep holding everyone up while the effects are cleared up :smiley:

Good video.
edp24.co.uk/news/video_after … _1_1014590

Truckers you’ve gotta love em, but do you judge them all by the ‘odd’ nugget ?

That video is awfull… and to think that years ago I wanted to be a traffic cop.