matresses

how much would you pay for a matress?
i had a trip to a local bed company. they have told me that they can make any matress, any size. within three days.
they said the price will be between £80 and £120, depending on the size. (so one for a truck will be about £80).

what do you think?

good price?
bad price?
about right?

would you consider doing the same?

We have friends at UBU in Cramlington who make beds and thats the sort of price they charge as well so seems fair enough :sunglasses:

Worth paying for quality.

I saw this in the truckstop news recently raskelf.com/
Memory foam mattresses

limeyphil:
how much would you pay for a matress?
i had a trip to a local bed company. they have told me that they can make any matress, any size. within three days.
they said the price will be between £80 and £120, depending on the size. (so one for a truck will be about £80).

what do you think?

good price?
bad price?
about right?

would you consider doing the same?

I bought an orthopedic proper matress years ago in Italy, money well spent in my opinion. £80 isnt a lot if your away all week.

Fly sheet

peirre:
Memory foam mattresses

does anybody have any experiance of these. :question: :question: :question:

Just get your gaffer to buy you an XF instead :smiley: . Best mattress ever and I can sleep better on those than I can on my bed at home. :open_mouth:

Memory foam mattresses and sharing trucks would be fun, it would be like the elephant and the duck bed advert :laughing:

jessicas dad:

peirre:
Memory foam mattresses

yep i got one in the scania jessies granny

Rob K:
Just get your gaffer to buy you an XF instead :smiley: . Best mattress ever and I can sleep better on those than I can on my bed at home. :open_mouth:

ive got a ssc, its just that im away mon to fri and at home have a memory foam mattress and i really miss… really comfortable.

globby 480:

jessicas dad:

peirre:
Memory foam mattresses

yep i got one in the scania jessies granny

what do you reckon daz worth the money.

jessicas dad:

peirre:
Memory foam mattresses

We sell them at work, come in 1" and 2". You can get normal foam toppers and also memory foam ones(apparently you dont want one any thinner then 2" in memory foam according to someone that works with memory foam)
They are quite comfy (Ive had a nice lie down on one at work :sunglasses: ) and if you contact Raskelf then they can cut it to size for about an extra £10. We can go through Raskelf to get them cut to size but it takes alot longer for us, we have got some normal singles in though at the moment.
If your going to have one cut to size and your going away and could do with it for a certain date then if you let them know and they can sometimes get it done for that date.
All in, they are a nice bit of foam, and not really heard a bad word about them.
If you wanted to look at one then pop to a caravan shop and they might have some in, i know where i work has them in(not 100% sure which ones we have in at the moment) and can order them. If anyone was popping by and wanted to look then theres room to park an artic, we have them in regularly anyway delivering caravans and motorhomes, shouldnt be a problem if you wanted one of us to come out and see if it will fit either(not doing any personal advertising for them though, if you want to know the place then i can say)

Ok guys if you need a matress for your truck made to order and with your own specification just give me a PM with the reqired dimensions and quality of mat you require and I will give you a quote on price and a deal on delivery.

Why buy from the local bed shop when you can deal direct with the bed maker through me :question: :question: :wink: and get a made to measure mat a lot cheaper than has been posted :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;

A good quality mattress is worth every penny as it is your back

I did have a foam mattress until recently wish i still had it tbh as the 1 I have now is far to soft for me

The DAF has a memory foam mattress in IIRC & they are quite nice to sleep on also the top bunk in a Merc Actros

Never had a prob with the MAN bunk either

Buy good boots and a good bed, when you are not using one you should be using the other.!!

alamcculloch:
Buy good boots and a good bed, when you are not using one you should be using the other.!!

The Thespian in me wonders why we would bequeath our wife the second best bed :stuck_out_tongue:

I bought a premium 2’6" single matress from “The Bed Factory” in Ipswich. It fits a treat in the FH and as the bunk doesn’t lift up you don’t have to ■■■■ about moving the seats about to get your kit out.

Cost £130.00 but worth every penny. I don’t do many nights out at the minute but having a sprung matress thats about 8" thick certainly gives a better nights kip.

Sorry but I dont like a sprung mattress ( not really used to 1 ) but each to there own

said it before but you need a P reg fh. its more comfortable than my real bed :smiley:

Just get a mattress topper. I’ve recently changed trucks from one fh to another. Not that the previous mattress was bad but the new one has a topper and by god what a difference. Lovely sleep.