Maritime

Wot are Maritime like to sub for out of Tilbury?

Went for a chat wit hTom Cole at Tilbury…

Net result is that it aint worth it, on paper you aint gonna earn big bucks, be far better working for Maritime as employed, they do look after thier own…

Any Co that advertises for OD’s month after Month in all the Commercial mags really aint that hot…

do a search mate theres plenty on here about em :wink:

Maritime are not taking on subbies at the moment, they are putting them on a waiting list.

As for working for them, personally, i wouldn’t want to work out of the Tilbury depot, there is very long delays in the Tilbury dock at the moment, you can spend in the region of 3 to 4 hours at a time just sat in a queue, you do not get paid for the time on the docks, only the time you are tipping at a customers premises.

I run for maritime as a subbie, but i am controlled from Southampton, i run mainly from Thamesport (can be a bit [zb] at times) and Southampton.

I am earning enough to pay the bills, pay myself a decent wage and still have a bit left over.

the thing to remember is, you are not going to get rich doing it, but it can be worthwhile.

auto censor dodge removed…Denis F

As a side issue Shuttle,I have a 40’ coming into Thamesport and I need it bringing up to Worcestershire. Is it possible to get a small haulier or O/D to haul it for me direct or will it have to go thru ! of the big boys like Maritime

shuttlespanker:
Sorry i have not got back but i would like to thank everyone for there comments.Does anyone no any hauliers that need container drivers i live in Aylesbury and willing to travel to essex or kent must have nites out

pursy:
As a side issue Shuttle,I have a 40’ coming into Thamesport and I need it bringing up to Worcestershire. Is it possible to get a small haulier or O/D to haul it for me direct or will it have to go thru ! of the big boys like Maritime

you may be able to get a smaller haulier to collect the container for you, what may be an issue is where the container has to go to for restitution and who is responsible for arranging that, you as the customer, the smaller haulier or the shipping line.

lets say for example, you asked myself as a small haulier to collect the container, i would have to arrange to get a vehicle to Thamesport to collect the load for you, then also, after the load has been delivered and the container offloaded at wherever it needs to be, i would then have to get back into the system of the company i am subcontracted to.

and that i guess is precisely why there are very few independant O/D’s or small hauliers moving boxes.

I thought most times international container moves were priced door to door?

Lucy?

Generally they are.

it also depends on the shipping line as to which haulier carries the boxes.

the best thing to do would be to speak to the shipping line and find out which haulier is bringing he box, then see if you could negotiate a better price with a different haulier.

I got a price off the shipping company and it didnt seem too bad so I will go with it. It was only about £65 more than getting it de-stuffed by the docks and then I would have to go down with a low loader to fetch it. Thanks for the replies. :smiley: