Containers out of Tilbury or Gateway

Hi guys,i’m looking at getting back on the road (yes,i know,don’t do it) after just over a year on the sidelines.
What i’m hoping to find is a tramping job out of either Tilbury or Gateway,can work sundays but not saturdays.
Have looked around on here and googled a little bit and as always there’s the odd rant about nearly any company i can think of.
With that in mind i was hoping to get a few ideas of who pays a decent hourly rate,with a good amount of hours every day.I’m not too concerned as to what i’ll be driving,would prefer a slightly better paid job over a blinged up 900bhp Scania V8.
Just trying to avoid spending time going to interviews just to find out that the pay is £400 for a 70 hour week.
Any info on fx Maritime ? Goldstar ? Express Freight Services ? Anyone else i should try ?
And before anyone says it,no,i’m not expecting to find a 30 hour a week with £2000 pay job,just trying to avoid the really dodgy ones :wink:
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Could try Premier freight.Think they are in Basildon.But work out of the ports.Not sure of the wage.But knew a couple of lads who used to work there.And seemed happy enough with the pay

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Can honestly say that i’ve never heard of them so thanks for that,they will go on the list :slight_smile:

Gateway if you can, just dealing with port security at Tilbury is on par with getting a lobotomy. Chances are you’ll service both though.

Been told Maritime pays fair enough, and the kit is good, based near tilbury and near thamesport…someone will be along shortly to correct me about the company.

Haven’t been to Gateway yet but worked regularly out of Tilbury 4-5 years ago and wasn’t bad then,guess it’s gone downhill since then lol.

I’m still to hear back from Maritime,but have heard very different stories about their pay,from very good to be left sitting with no work to make sure the weekly pay doesn’t go over a certain amount.

I appreciate both inputs,always great to hear different opinions,cheers guys.

Neverstress:
Hi guys,i’m looking at getting back on the road (yes,i know,don’t do it) after just over a year on the sidelines.
What i’m hoping to find is a tramping job out of either Tilbury or Gateway,can work sundays but not saturdays.
Have looked around on here and googled a little bit and as always there’s the odd rant about nearly any company i can think of.
With that in mind i was hoping to get a few ideas of who pays a decent hourly rate,with a good amount of hours every day.I’m not too concerned as to what i’ll be driving,would prefer a slightly better paid job over a blinged up 900bhp Scania V8.
Just trying to avoid spending time going to interviews just to find out that the pay is £400 for a 70 hour week.
Any info on fx Maritime ? Goldstar ? Express Freight Services ? Anyone else i should try ?
And before anyone says it,no,i’m not expecting to find a 30 hour a week with £2000 pay job,just trying to avoid the really dodgy ones :wink:
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Goldstar had depo at Tilbury.

There is Uniserve/Kemball depot right outside Tilbury, don’t know anything about working for them though. I see a lot of Paul Gibbard motors doing Tilbury, though I don’t know if he’s got a base there.

Maritime have a depot at both Tilbury (by the fort) and on the estate at Gateway. Can’t see what the point of keeping trucks sitting about would be for, you’re guaranteed 11 hours pay per day anyway.

Don’t know much about them but CSM have got a yard at Grays. Don’t know anything about them but since your looking at Gateway/Tilbury, they must be fairly local.

Didn’t know Goldstar had a depot in Tilbury,thought they only had one in Felixstowe,thanks for that.

Kemball,is that the Felixstowe contaner company ?

I can’t see hte point of having a truck sitting around either,just what i’ve seen in other posts…But i hope you’re right :slight_smile:

Can’t find any CSM in Grays,but one in Dagenham,would that be the one ?

Thanks for all your help guys :slight_smile:

Neverstress:
Didn’t know Goldstar had a depot in Tilbury,thought they only had one in Felixstowe,thanks for that.

Kemball,is that the Felixstowe contaner company ?

I can’t see hte point of having a truck sitting around either,just what i’ve seen in other posts…But i hope you’re right :slight_smile:

Can’t find any CSM in Grays,but one in Dagenham,would that be the one ?

Thanks for all your help guys :slight_smile:

Same CSM. The Grays yard is Opposite Sandy Lane in this map. Can’t remember the companies name that is before it.

Try KBC logistic .kbclogistics.com/

His command of English isn’t low enough for KBC

goldstar in tilbury need drivers, i was offered a job there last week but i turned it down because it wasnt monday to friday tramping, and i live about an hour away and dont feel like commuting several times a week. they said you should get 2 or 3 nights out a week on average but can’t really guarantee you to be out all week

money is - 50 hours a week guranteed which paid 420 pounds, plus fuel efficiency bonus, hours over 50 is overtime rate of 11 per hour, 25 night out payment

£420 a week :open_mouth: guaranteed ? Heeey,and we drivers laugh at the pay some companies offer ■■? That almost seems to good to be true…No,wait…
When i started on containers about 8 years ago they offered me more than that,didn’t take it as i was offered almost £100 more somewhere else.
Did see they were advertising for drivers about 4 weeks ago,the pay was in the advert,don’t remember exactly what it was but it was pretty bad.When i went to check on the pay in the advert a couple of days later it strangely enough didn’t mention the pay anymore…
So they have drivers turning up doing a 10 hour day and going home with £80 ?
And i’m in the same boat as you,live some distance away so tramping makes more sense.
Thanks for the heads up :slight_smile:

chrisdalott:
goldstar in tilbury need drivers, i was offered a job there last week but i turned it down because it wasnt monday to friday tramping, and i live about an hour away and dont feel like commuting several times a week. they said you should get 2 or 3 nights out a week on average but can’t really guarantee you to be out all week

money is - 50 hours a week guranteed which paid 420 pounds, plus fuel efficiency bonus, hours over 50 is overtime rate of 11 per hour, 25 night out payment

Joke of the day ?
I get £8.51 cat C guaranteed 48 hours £409 but my OT is £12.75 11/2 and double bubble Sundays and I tramp 5 days
Oh night out £22

poor money, but better than stobarts are paying

the minimum wage is catching up fast, will be a pay rise for a lot of drivers soon, up to 9ph

chrisdalott:
poor money, but better than stobarts are paying

the minimum wage is catching up fast, will be a pay rise for a lot of drivers soon, up to 9ph

Sorry but Stobart drivers taked home about 450-500 if work juswt day shift and total working hours about 55-60 per week.