maritime southampton

i know this has been covered somewhere :smiley: :smiley: .

i am starting work for someone who is subbing for maritime and i have been told there is a lot of H&E at soton docks and was wondering if someone could give me the correct procedure from collecting the paperwork and what to do and not to do in the docks.

any help will be most welcome :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Maritinmes yard is at the top end of Freightliners yard. When you pull into the yard, take a wide swing, it can be a tight gate. Drive up to the first barrier and it will automatically raise. Drive straight on and enter Maritimes yard, park either on the 45 degree slant on the right or straight on the left. Put your Hi-Viz on and report to the portacabin. Go to the window and anounce yourself, or you will be ignored. They will issue you a VBS, check the details are correct, leave and head for the docks. Drive straight through the entrance gate, security here rarely want to know you, follow the signs to the relivent area number. Pull up to the barrier at your designated area and tap your reg into the computer, the barrier wi ll lift and the screen will tell you where to go. Make sure that you have your Hi-Viz on at all times whilst in the docks & make sure you sort your twist locks before getting into the slot. When you get a straddle come up behind you get out of thge cab and stand in the circle. Security can pull you over to conduct a search, make sure you have some sort of ID, preferably photo ID.
Once you have your box on/off, got to the exit booth and book out, then off to the exit gate, reg number again and away you go.
There is much more than this, it all depends where your goiung/ what your doing, ask people when your down there, most on Maritime are OK, even the guys in the office are alright. I’ve been there an awfully long time now, and I’m still sticking with it, so it can’t be all that bad. :laughing:

many thanks tramper :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

cant add much to above but he should have warned you about the pentalvers yard,mainly the middle one,by the level crossing/rbout,
sometimes it is quiet sometimes the queue can be back to martinis place mainly on fri pm but somtime in the wk as well.
i can be seen in meyers most mornings loading ply so see the container port most days,also normally exit via gate 20.

best of luck

And the hour booking window

hows it going running with maritime. :smiley: