Felixstowe container port

can anyone tell me the proceedure for delivery and collection of containers in and out of felixstowe docks. ive not been in there for over 20yrs so everything will have changed. i do have a rhides card. the reason i am asking is theres a possibility we will be going in there on a regular basis from next week. any info will be very welcome :neutral_face:

I’ve moved this to a forum where more people will see it :wink:

Don’t think you need a VBS, but I stand to be corrected.

You queue like a git, then you go into the orifice in the middle, they then take your reference and pin numbers (pin for getting boxes out), and you put your rhides in the machine (try not to forget it like I did), sign for box, then go where it says, sometimes you have to go to the TWA(t) if it’s not on the system.

When exiting, if you have a box on, go back into orifice with paperwork and seal number.

Someone will give a few more details as it’s over a year since I’ve been now :open_mouth:

You will need a vbs number. As already said take the checkers note and your pin numbers etc to office at in gate, there you’ll get your paperwork with box locations. Ask them for a map and tell them it’s your first time to find where to go.

You stay in the cab when your box is being lifted, as the crane lowers your box you move your motor to line up box with crane, they won’t move for you.

Once loaded go to out gate, give job number to checker who will note the seal number. When he has done that hold your Rhides card to reader next to your cab, your details will come up, if correct place card on reading again to complete checks, it says something like thank you etc then drive to security who will check reg then let you leave.

If details on notes are printed wrong you will have to visit tha which is signed.

waynedl:

You queue like a git, then you go into the orifice in the middle, they then take your reference and pin numbers (pin for getting boxes out), and you put your rhides in the machine (try not to forget it like I did), sign for box, then go where it says, sometimes you have to go to the TWA(t) if it’s not on the system.

When exiting, if you have a box on, go back into orifice with paperwork and seal number.

Someone will give a few more details as it’s over a year since I’ve been now :open_mouth:

are you standing comfortably?

you have been corrected :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

you do need a VBS for Felixstowe

not anymore, they have changed the exit procedure :wink:

that should read THA :wink:

you can also be sent there if there is a problem with the VBS number or if there are too many vehicles in the zone that you require already

shuttlespanker:

waynedl:

are you standing comfortably?

you have been corrected :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

you do need a VBS for Felixstowe

not anymore, they have changed the exit procedure :wink:

that should read THA :wink:

you can also be sent there if there is a problem with the VBS number or if there are too many vehicles in the zone that you require already

I said it’d been a while.

Couldn’t remember VBS numbers for Felix, but now it’s mentioned, we definately did have them.

The new bit that Chopsticks mentions about holding a rhides card to reader next to cab? that sounds new, used to have to go inside orifice.

Few months now you have to use the reader at the out gate, they have done away with paper gate passes.

You also use a new card reader now when going in empty skel. Pretty much same procedure as before but with new fancy machines. I’ve used it once like this but since then they have been out of order and had to use the old computers in the little self service booths.

Do you still need a RHIDES card or whatever they’re called for identification? Make sure you take some ID with you as you’ll have to register at some office to get one of these in the port.

Make sure you get the location information number paperwork for your box and that you understand it as if you forget this or lose it, just driving round and asking people what the crack is, can be quite stressful. :blush:

You have to position your lorry exactly in the yellow box number for your box or the crane won’t load you, this is one instance where a couple of inches really does matter! :laughing:

Hate the place with a passion, too much going on.