Many Many Drivers Out Of Work Now - Think First

26 years an Lgv Trainer:
There are jobs … some driving jobs … and many other types of jobs…

To many people refuse to do certain jobs … if there are no driving jobs in your area there will be other jobs…

Some will say the money is crap …
Some will say i dont like the hours…
Some wont do any job apart from driving…
Some people just refuse to do any other work …

They should be made to do community work , like removing graffiti or cleaning hospitals etc…to get there dole money
…( If they refuse Stop there Dole Money )
And stop complaining about the foreign workers doing the jobs they wont do…

At the end of the day work is work and it pays the bills.

This post is not directed at anyone but there really are some lazy people out there who would rather become a couch driving potato…

I’ve got news for you, I don’t get dole money I was made redundant 2 yrs back, was out of work for a couple months, stamp therefore not up to date, - little known fact " when on jobseekers they only pay a class 2 stamp", that covers your pension, nothing else -
around here there are no jobs, I’m travelling 45mls each way for 1 days work pw on the agency, luckily they’re paying well.
I’m prepared to do anything for a living, and money is not the only consideration.

Examples of only 2 recent jobs around here :- class 1 'fridge, tramping, 4/5 nights a week, national minimum rates apply, 280 applicants. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: - including me.
Second one was a factory job, pretty basic boring job, minimum rates again, 300 applicants, inc me again.

I apply for anything, but how far do you (and Gordon the gopher) expect someone to travel daily for min’ rates■■?

Smartmart what you say is valid, I do have 3 CVs already :wink: but if I’m applying local - which for day work/min rates how far would you go? - then this is a small area, they already know I have a class 1, saying otherwise is lying, therefore not going to get job but will get a “reputation” no thanks.

26 years an Lgv Trainer:
They should be made to do community work , like removing graffiti or cleaning hospitals etc…to get there dole money

So there we have it, give this person your hard earned and …clean graffitti, until you get a job. Good luck.

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

I also don’t get any benefits whatsoever either BTW

As your trade is not required at the moment we now know how to make good use of you then ? Instead of you trying to make the drivers jobs queues even longer. :smiling_imp:

THOUGHT - If there are jobs/tasks for those on unemployment to do so that they are entitled to their benefit then why aren’t those jobs/tasks being done by workers on a proper wage :question:

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

To many people refuse to do certain jobs … if there are no driving jobs in your area there will be other jobs…

This post is not directed at anyone but there really are some lazy people out there who would rather become a couch driving potato…

It would be interesting to know when the last time you had a full time job, or even a proper job.
26yrs as a trainer suggests you haven,'t had a full time job for at least 26yrs.
26yrs as a trainer suggests you haven’t had a proper job for 26yrs.
26yrs as a trainer suggests you’ve been training drivers since you were a novice yourself. How does that work?

Those who can, do.
Those who can’t, teach.

ROG:
THOUGHT - If there are jobs/tasks for those on unemployment to do so that they are entitled to their benefit then why aren’t those jobs/tasks being done by workers on a proper wage :question:

And who would pay them their wages Rog?

berewic:
Those who can, do.
Those who can’t, teach.

REALLY :exclamation: :exclamation: - you sure about that :question: :question: :wink:

Smart Mart:
I hear what you say skorpio, but I actually drive as well as instruct and balance the two quite nicely, other than I keep getting calls from my agency to see if I am available for work as they have work for me constantly it seems. It may be that I am absolutely superb as a driver, but I don’t think so! :smiley:

So I do feel i’m in the real world, and am no way touting for business as the firm I instruct for keeps me in more than enough work. There is such a lot of negativity on here - its just not a walk in anywhere and get a job industry anymore, you have to search out jobs with a personal approach IMHO.

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

ROG:
REALLY :exclamation: :exclamation: - you sure about that :question: :question: :wink:

With reference to the above, pretty sure when it comes to “26 years an Lgv Trainer”.What planet■■?

I thought you meant generally.

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

how will that help them get a job? whilst they are busy clearing up the mess that a LACK of policeing has caused they will not be ABLE to find any bloody work.

pehaps the government should offer them jobs going around stopping the yobs that spray the graffiti in the first place. might help their precious figures too.

berewic:

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

It would be interesting to know when the last time you had a full time job, or even a proper job.
26yrs as a trainer suggests you haven,'t had a full time job for at least 26yrs.
26yrs as a trainer suggests you’ve been training drivers since you were a novice yourself. How does that work?

Those who can, do.
Those who can’t, teach.

Never claimed dole money in my life as i always work…

Seems you have a rather large Chip on your shoulder maybe if you sell it to McCain you may earn a few quid…Or do you expect us to support you ?

Glad to see this post has hit a few nerves …

Maybe Rog has some great advice on how you can get a job…

Or is it a Myth that there is no work…

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

Seems you have a rather large Chip on your shoulder maybe if you sell it to McCain you may earn a few quid…Or do you expect us to support you ?

So in your esteemed opinion, we lesser mortals who have had the misfortune to be made redundant (economic recession redundandancy) are only fit to clean graffiti of walls■■?
You’ve been lucky, so far, how long before more potential “recruits” see the light and stop believing your, and others, hype about there being jobs out there for HGV drivers, if that happens I hope we’ll meet you alongside us with a scrubbing brush?
Wake up man, read the forums, there are more and more drivers [experienced] every day being put out of work. We’re a “forgotten statistic” when the news reports another factory closure with ■■ redundandancies.

I don’t have a “chip”, people like you in your “ivory towers” do annoy me when you spout about things you’re not in touch with, but fair enough, everyone’s entitled to an opinion, just don’t derogate those of us out here in the real world facing real problems every day, most, if not all, of us want back in work, I’m going “stir crazy” sat here at home.
If you can point me in the way of one of these jobs my wife would be your friend for life, she’s going round the twist over it :open_mouth:

I notice you haven’t got your location noted, maybe you could let us know “roughly speaking” where you are and where all these jobs are■■?

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

berewic:

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

Those who can, do.
Those who can’t, teach.

Hit a nerve? You’ve got a cheek! Always worked, well good for you. Why don’t you get a real driving job then, if there are so many and stop robbing naive people of their savings■■?

Also, good luck to those who are training to be truckers, we all had to start somewhere, but times are hard in any career at the moment and ours is no differant. Adverts promising the world if you take your HGV are misleading to say the least. It’s a dog eat dog world. One tip I can offer though, is go and find a small family run haulier, local to you, and offer to help out around the yard, making tea etc, as that’s how most of us seem to start. Alternately get a job like “26 years an Lgv Trainer”, just be sure to wear your mask……

berewic:

Those who can, do.
Those who can’t, teach.

I have to say that as a trainer (LGV Instructor anyway), the day is far more tiring than the days I drive. Last Friday I drove for just over 9 hours with a duty time of 14 hours, and felt less tired than training for 6 hours.

Does “26 years an Lgv Trainer” have anything to do with this site(or something that rhymes with site)? HGV Industry Myths - Driver Shortage PMSL & nearly ruptured my hernia reading this drivel.

bazfrombenidorm:

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

berewic:

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

Those who can, do.
Those who can’t, teach.

Hit a nerve? You’ve got a cheek! Always worked, well good for you. Why don’t you get a real driving job then, if there are so many and stop robbing naive people of their savings■■?

Also, good luck to those who are training to be truckers, we all had to start somewhere, but times are hard in any career at the moment and ours is no differant. Adverts promising the world if you take your HGV are misleading to say the least. It’s a dog eat dog world. One tip I can offer though, is go and find a small family run haulier, local to you, and offer to help out around the yard, making tea etc, as that’s how most of us seem to start. Alternately get a job like “26 years an Lgv Trainer”, just be sure to wear your mask……

Mind your blood pressure old boy lol @ get a real job you seem a little stressed maybe you can answer a simple question what is a HGV i thought that title ended over 10 years ago. ?

Ohhh for your info do not advertise and i am not touting for work on here and if work does get quiet i like Smart Mart still drive… And as Mart sais DRIVING is less tiring than teaching.

So maybe it’s you that really wears a mask and should as your school report probably said … You should try harder.

Have a nice day on the couch … maybe you should try some gardening and grow some potatoes ?

Take a look as you do not seem able to look for your self … http://www.redgoldfish.co.uk/jobs/36/0/Driving.html

bazfrombenidorm:
Does “26 years an Lgv Trainer” have anything to do with this site(or something that rhymes with site)? HGV Industry Myths - Driver Shortage PMSL & nearly ruptured my hernia reading this drivel.

I was sucked in by this website, the earning potential and ease of getting work, needless to say, coming on here and reading actual drivers situation i have come down to earth with a bang, it has not put me off obtaining my licence as i love driving, always have and i read drivers diaries of their work and it really appeals to me as if i keep plucking i should/hope to get my break, but at least it has let me know it is not going to be an easy ride, especially not in these times.

But you should all stick together and stop being so negative and biting eachothers heads off, all in this together and when i get my licence il be there too :grimacing: it was the same in royal mail when there was massive strikes, i was working there at the time, we all turned on eachother and it left a big dent in colleague relationship

now everyone hold hands :arrow_right:

26 year lgv trainee, get off your soapbox boyo, or you’ll get a clip round your ear off my nan

To 26 years a tea strainer, you’ve moved into the realm of personal insult about someone you clearly know nothing about, you condescending fake. Don’t try and be clever, you so obviously aren’t, or you wouldn’t have made such a wide sweeping statement as you have earlier. I have no experience of your line of work so couldn’t possibly comment on whether or not it is tiring, but have you done my line of work?

HGV i thought that title ended over 10 years ago. ?

Take the pencil from your [zb].

What am I supposed to be looking at you moron■■? Yet another job site? With yet more real jobs?

26 years an Lgv Trainer:
Have a nice day on the couch … maybe you should try some gardening and grow some potatoes ?

Take a look as you do not seem able to look for your self … http://www.redgoldfish.co.uk/jobs/36/0/Driving.html

So, brilliant, the great 26 yrs an LGV trainer gives us all a hint and finally we can all now get back to work.

Thank you “Oh great one”

BOVINE EXCREMENT just looked on there, …

22 jobs nationwide,

now tell us where all these f’ing jobs are■■?

I really hope I meet you some day :wink: maybe if you ever join the real world.