MAN no starty

Did my checks all ok. Hooked up and now nothing, absolutely nothing. Not even a cab light. It’s like the main fuse has blown. Any idea what it could be?

TomCrin:
Did my checks all ok. Hooked up and now nothing, absolutely nothing. Not even a cab light. It’s like the main fuse has blown. Any idea what it could be?

Flat battery?

Don’t think so. Started first time.

Our MAN’s haven’t got one, but you haven’t inadvertantly given the mains switch, which could be anywhere near the catwalk, a kick whilst hitching up have you?
If not have a quick poke nose at the batteries, checking the terminals and tracing where the leads go, in case there’s some sort of tripper fitted.
Anderson lead if fitted hasn’t shorted?

If no joy, you’re into the fuse box for a check round.

Thats all i can think of at the mo.

Most unusual for the batteries to die just like that in a moment, been starting OK up to now? MAN’s usually have good Varta batteries, when mine started to fail they let me know by really slow starting so i kept her running all day and called in the dealer for new Vartas on the way home.

Battery isolator switch, people often flick it off to annoy each other.

Possibly blown starter motor when that goes the current feeds back to the batteries and blows them leaving everything dead

Man’s have a main fuse on top of the engine block. Sounds like this has blown.

Beau Nydel:
Man’s have a main fuse on top of the engine block. Sounds like this has blown.

Sounds like a job for our old mate Silver Foil, some things never change :laughing:

Thanks for your help. Battery isolator had been used to get up onto the cat walk by the previous driver and was damaged. When I hooked up and did the tug test it must of moved it.