Major Delays M8 Glasgow Airport from December 9 th

MOTORISTS face delays of up to an hour on a busy section of the M8 near Glasgow Airport as a major programme of bridge strengthening gets under way this month.

Traffic restrictions, including lane and slip road closures, will be in place between Boxing Day and spring 2012 so the third phase of a £30million upgrade of the White Cart viaduct south of the airport can take place.

Average Speed Cameras being fitted also.

Thanks for heads up.
Will have to return via A85 to Sterling from Fort Bill down to Glasgow.
Is the Great Western road a better route to get to Mount Vernon rather than A85, M80?

Depending what time of day you are coming down.going down great western with all the traffic and traffic lights you waste 3 minutes per set and theirs plenty of traffic lights I would cut across onto m80/m73/m74 from stirling take you to Mount Vernon 35 minutes approx

Is it my imagination or are roadworks springing up everywhere? Are they trying to spend their budgets before the end of the year or something?

The flyover needs repairing due the high volume of vehicles using it.they being doing work under it for the last six months or so.

As it’s next to 2 sewage works and an abattoir, I’m pretty sure this will be finished
before the warmer weather starts. :laughing: :laughing:

FYI Summer next year in Scotland will be the 29th of April, after then normal weather will resume. :wink: