M80/a80 - our day has come!

Well on Friday to be exact.

It gives me great pleasure as the official TNUK bawbag to inform you all that the 40mph limit is being removed come friday of this week and you can travel on the road at 70mph for the first time, therefore enabling you to go from Bishopbriggs to Castlecary in the same day!

Two years of sitting in that 40mph limit is finally over!

Thats bad news for those of us that like to string a shift out and maximise our wages. :frowning:

Doesn’t mean you have to stick to the limit though…

Or come off at Kirkintilloch and go down the old road then through ■■■■■■■■■■■■

stagedriver:
Doesn’t mean you have to stick to the limit though…

Or come off at Kirkintilloch and go down the old road then through ■■■■■■■■■■■■

Trackers alas.

Those road works i ken been a nightmare but still must of been worth a good few hours in wages, so im sad to see them go.

Thank ■■■■

Were/are a total ballache when going into Falkirk and even worse coming back if I timed it wrong.

Whenever it’s really slow through there I just come off at the top of the 73, go round all the roundabouts & get on again either by Dobbies or at Castle Cary,or vice versa. Can usually miss most of it.

merc0447:
Thank [zb]

+1
was a real pain in the ■■■ sitting through them at 40 at one in the morning with nothing else on the road …

Clicky not all of it though. :wink:
See the last paragraph.

I do realise it’s a bit late to inform, but the average speed cameras were never activated. However it was pretty difficult to get above 40 from 6am to 9pm as the road was/is too busy.

Although it will be another decent road project (along with M74 extension and new Kincardine bridge), as obviously avoiding Moodiesburn and Stepps traffic lights etc when heading onto M8 will save time.

New Forth Road bridge next up.

Thats me lost 2 hours overtime then ! !
:frowning:

dave_k:
I do realise it’s a bit late to inform, but the average speed cameras were never activated. However it was pretty difficult to get above 40 from 6am to 9pm as the road was/is too busy.

Although it will be another decent road project (along with M74 extension and new Kincardine bridge), as obviously avoiding Moodiesburn and Stepps traffic lights etc when heading onto M8 will save time.

New Forth Road bridge next up.

They are active!

When we are on a 999 call along the A80,we have to notify the Force Control Room of an “Average Speed Camera activation” - either that or it`s a fine,points and a right bollocking from the gaffer…

I always had it on good authority that they were on (old man is a senior pig) and that there had been 82 cases brought?

stagedriver:
I always had it on good authority that they were on (old man is a senior pig) and that there had been 82 cases brought?

Contradiction perhaps…

They are active or at least some of them, you just need to look on the pepio forum or whatever its called. In the paper it says the road will already be out of date when its completed they expected public transport links to improve and thy haven’t.

Travel up and down there every Friday to Bridge of Allan and can honestly say I’ve never stuck to 40 you would have seen me in 2nd lane doing 50+ never had a ticket.

Cameras already gone! Full speed ahead!

Got Dundee Friday night, back down Sat so call that a result.

I feel the joy too- I ve trundled up n down this road for 2 years, at points waving my hands like an Italian sign language tutor at the speeds some wagons have gone past at- do the boys from Hayton Coulthard, RT Keedwell, Murray, to name just a couple from the last 72 hours who have sat NCHES from my rear bumper as i ve sat at 42/43-before swinging past 50+, (plus ANY wagon from Fraserburgh, Shetland,Peterhead) know somethign that we lowland dwellers do not?? ( i am aware that some of the masts for the vultures appear to have gone - BUT, not all ! )
I predict a couple of sore crashes over the next couple of days / weekend as people freak out with the higher ( 70? ) limit on the road.
It’s been a long time comin and I hope i never have the pain and anguish i felt ever again, the first time i saw the sign at the '73 join- “roadworks here for the next 2 and a half years!!!” AAAARRRGGHHH!!
May the wind be at your backs boys!