A heads up on the A80 - (Glasgow - Stirling) major roadworks

That will last for years. :neutral_face:

Any of you southern lads heading up would be well advised to avoid if at all possible. Roadworks running basically the full length from the M73 just east of Glasgow up to nearly the M876. (Condorrat to Denny roughly speaking).

Can’t wait :open_mouth: the road is a nightmare at the best of times never mind roadworks :confused:

merc0447:
Can’t wait :open_mouth: the road is a nightmare at the best of times never mind roadworks :confused:

Gonnae be a sore yin mate - my missus said she read on a matrix sign “Delays until 2011” the other day :open_mouth:

i can remember the roundabout at the a73. I cant remember the stretch from the M73 to the M876 without roadworks on it somewhere since the roundabout was taken out! I try to avoid it anyway. Its the most absurd road in scotland. Where its got a hard shoulder they drop to a 50 limit, where its got intersections and no hard shoulder they bump it up to 70! Any minor incident causes major delays

Bloody Great!

I drive that road every day… :imp:

joemaxi:
Bloody Great!

lol joemaxi ur an asda man! all the drivers will want that run now :stuck_out_tongue:

Hutchie:

joemaxi:
Bloody Great!

lol joemaxi ur an asda man! all the drivers will want that run now :stuck_out_tongue:

I know!

I listen to the radio to FIND traffic jams! :smiley: :smiley:

That’s a few regular laybys your lot will be losing joemaxi. The Westfield and Wardpark estate snackbars in ■■■■■■■■■■■ will be pulling in a few more regulars soon eh. :wink: :slight_smile:

Andy smg:
That’s a few regular laybys your lot will be losing joemaxi. The Westfield and Wardpark estate snackbars in ■■■■■■■■■■■ will be pulling in a few more regulars soon eh. :wink: :slight_smile:

I know!

I must admit to being a regular in those laybys!

I don`t know about the snackbars but the industrial estates will see a lot more ASDA trucks! :smiley:

The proposed scheme will provide very significant benefits to road users when it opens in terms of journey times and reliability. However, in line with Scottish Ministers’ objectives of striving to stabilise traffic volumes, the scheme is not intended to meet unconstrained levels of traffic growth beyond the year of opening.

so the year the road is opened it will be out of date already - am i reading this right ? :confused:

if this was launched the the current government then we are talking about the same people who wanted to hold a referendum on independence during a recession.

i get the impression that thinking things through is not one of their strong points :laughing:

great,just bloomin great!!!
at least the new m8 will be opening in about two years or so,im really looking forward to that one.has the scottish goverment any plans to do anything with the farm tracks that connect ayr/kilmarnock with the rest of scotland,or am i just wishful thinking??

new M8?

i would like to know when they are due to finish the M74 extension. that will take some of the strain off part of the M8.

referring to the original post, what are they actually doing along there? the westbound queues seem to be locally due to the traffic lights not far past the M73 turn off and it probably wouldnt hurt if they could link all the way to the M8 instead of having interruptions between the M73 and M8

my biggest gripe is the newbridge interchange coming from the M9. why cant they shut off the first lane from the roundabout heading to the airport and allow the slip road from the M9 to use the inside lane instead of having to give way? it would make a big difference to the flow of traffic and would be cheap to sort out yet they leave the traffic sat on the motorway instead creating problems for anyone whether they want to go that way or not. idiots :imp:

scanny77:
i would like to know when they are due to finish the M74 extension. that will take some of the strain off part of the M8.

Completion date is planned for 2011.

scanny77:
my biggest gripe is the newbridge interchange coming from the M9. why cant they shut off the first lane from the roundabout heading to the airport and allow the slip road from the M9 to use the inside lane instead of having to give way? it would make a big difference to the flow of traffic and would be cheap to sort out yet they leave the traffic sat on the motorway instead creating problems for anyone whether they want to go that way or not. idiots :imp:

Totally agree!

That has to be one of the most pointless give ways I have ever came across!

scanny77:
new M8?

sorry my apologies,thats what i meant…