magazine work

Hi all i am looking to go on my own early next year but dont know what to do . I see there seems to be alot of work in the back of truck and driver and trucking etc , but talking to a m8 of mine who has his own wagon he said if they have got to advertise they are not worth working for ? Is this the general rule if ppl have to advertise for owner drivers or subbies etc the money they will be offering will be poor ■■ I know it is not a get rich quick scheme but i would be looking to pay myself 500 a week and maybe 100 a week profit to start with anyway . Thanks in advance Rich .

He he, dream on.

■■? elobarate you helpful person

s2rich:
but i would be looking to pay myself 500 a week and maybe 100 a week profit to start with anyway . .

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

s2rich:
I know it is not a get rich quick scheme

And the award for ‘Biggest Understatement on Trucknet in 2009’ goes to…

s2rich:
but i would be looking to pay myself 500 a week and maybe 100 a week profit to start with anyway . Thanks in advance Rich .

And the award for ‘Most Optimistic Poster on Trucknet 2009’ goes to… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mmmmmmmmmh funny what em jamican woodbines make you say and do in it man

If you think you can pay your self £500 a week and make a profit , me thinks you are living in " cloud cuckoo
land " :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused:

cmon give the guy a break ,as said b4 you mite not need to draw a monkey a week if your acounting is rite n various bills come out of your earnings (phone ,electric for office at home etc)no u wont get rich quick but if your drdicated you will make a living ,if there relly was no money in it y do people do it!some say diesals in the blood,but ■■■■■■■■ is to.good luck to you if you go for it,but keep your eyes open ,if your willing to put the hours in you will get the rewards,ps i dont offer a money back guarntee onmy advice good luck

for me mate the best bit of advice i can give is not to spend stupid money on a truck i understand u get what you pay for but if you know a bit bout trucks your spot a dog a mile off for example if you were goin on containers why would you u get yourself a debt of£1000 per month so you could get nice shiny truck.thats a cripplin expense even before u turned the key…my point of view is yes would be lovely drivin round in brand bnew truck but they only get same rate as me in my old girl which is paid for…anyway your choice all the best

travey75:
for me mate the best bit of advice i can give is not to spend stupid money on a truck i understand u get what you pay for but if you know a bit bout trucks your spot a dog a mile off for example if you were goin on containers why would you u get yourself a debt of£1000 per month so you could get nice shiny truck.thats a cripplin expense even before u turned the key…my point of view is yes would be lovely drivin round in brand bnew truck but they only get same rate as me in my old girl which is paid for…anyway your choice all the best

I think the best advice is what “travey75” has stated, but, Ill give you my one euros worth,

I admire your determination, but, I would wait a while, let the dust settle, we are not out of the Gordon Brown by any means yet.

In our local paper today, the local council are cutting 465 jobs, + a very big steel fabricating company are cutting 50 jobs [half their workforce], so, its obvious to all and sundry [but not the government] that we are still suffering.

And, as and when you do go it alone, you do not need a shiney bells + whistles piece of kit, you need a nice old bird which will do the job just aswell, without the bank on your back.

Champagne Trucks / Lemonade Rates :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Stanley Mitchell:
Champagne Trucks / Lemonade Rates :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Absolute cracker PMSL :exclamation: :exclamation: :grimacing: