Mack

As a trailer mate at the age of sixteen in 1948 working for Macks hauliers of Silvertown our garage was full of Mack spares as they were agents for Mack of America. They also had part of the Mack family running M&W Macks of Covent Garden.

Hi cartageman,
Could you tell a little more about the Macks Haulers period? You wrote that they were agents for Mack. Do you mean agents for Mack trucks? Was the company named after that, or was it just their familiy name? Did the company run Mack trucks as well, or did they use other brands? I’m really curious.
Regards,
Gerlof

Id like to track down a copy of ‘trucking international’ (I think) that ran an article on the Mack cabover run by AJ Scott, timber merchants from Alnwick,Northumberland. It may have been featured in more than one magazine I seem to remember.
I bought this vehicle in a scrap condition and put it back on the road,rather unsuccesfully I must admit now, but it holds a few memories.
It finally went off to Nigeria (before they found the internet and Ebay)
Someone might have a copy of these articles in the back of the cupboard,Id be keen to see them.
Cheers