M62 Truck Fire

manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ … mway_chaos

Anyone get caught up in this?

I saw it, the pics aren’t very good. I was lucky as the fire brigade and police had just turned up and it had just started to cause chaos.

I saw it coming back east (about midday) and it was just the back end of the trailer that had been alight. Was carrying sacks of (probably) foodstuffs.

The unit had been uncoupled, trailer on it’s legs and the front 2/3rds of the trailer looked untouched by the flames. :confused:

Stan

Stanley Knife:
I saw it coming back east (about midday) and it was just the back end of the trailer that had been alight. Was carrying sacks of (probably) foodstuffs.
The unit had been uncoupled, trailer on it’s legs and the front 2/3rds of the trailer looked untouched by the flames. :confused:
Stan

Sure your not on about todays fire ?

The one last week was a complete burn out i think, they had to do emergency repairs and resurface at least 1 lane of motorway as well :confused:

speedyguy:

I am - my apologies. :blush:

Stan

Today’s fire didn’t just shut the M62 down it caused complete gridlock throughout Calderdale & Kirklees, (Halifax, Huddersfield & Dewsbury) it took me 2 hrs Halifax to Batley 15 mls;, and then 1hr/30mins to get back. whenever that bit of the M62 has an incident like this fire today every bit of surrounding road just comes to a standstill :angry:

Stanley Knife:

speedyguy:

I am - my apologies. :blush:

Stan

Dont apologise, I’ve a pic of that one aswell. God only knows what I’ll see tomorrow !!!

The radio said it was full of gas canisters ■■

There seems to be a lot of it about.
some people are getting mixed up with which fire it was.

I blame the government.

Well if people smoked inside there cabs instead of outside then this just wouldn’t happen.

Looks like overheating on the trailer brakes setting the floor alight !!!