Truck fire A90 outside Aberdeen

passed a pipeline MERC axor in flames outside Aberdeen !!!
Any one know if driver ok as it was the cab that was smoking !
Hope all is well to be fair I saw one driver on phone but there was two trucks in laybye

Hope all is well ad nothing more that a INS claim !

I aw a Maidens Of Telford on smoke early hours of this morning around the Lancaster/Carnforth/Kendal area, or was it near Penrith, half asleep, but the fire, ambulance and police crews were all out in force, and guess what? Only 1 lane shut, yet when the workers are putting out cones its a near 3 lane job with a 5 hour diversion…

Anyways to both parties hope are all well…

local paper report is here

Polypipe use mckenzies mick, i’ll try and find out if the driver is ok and the cause. Firefighters did a good job in keeping that trailer from going up - looks fairly light damage. Unit is a write off by the looks of it.

Cheers mate was trying to figure where I gave saw that artic and that’s where it was Mc Kenzies , hope it wasn’t a repair James and the boys done lol
Paper report doesn’t mention driver so I hope am right in assuming he/she wasn’t hurt!

Ps am parked in first laybye south bound any one see’s smoke out my trailer / unit please PM me lol

Acidental double post !

scottishcruiser:
I aw a Maidens Of Telford on smoke early hours of this morning around the Lancaster/Carnforth/Kendal area, or was it near Penrith, half asleep, but the fire, ambulance and police crews were all out in force, and guess what? Only 1 lane shut, yet when the workers are putting out cones its a near 3 lane job with a 5 hour diversion…

Anyways to both parties hope are all well…

Trailer and load gutted all 6 tyres exploded truck ok though

Seen the trailer today, no sign of the unit must be scrapped already.

Hi mate , yip I saw the trailer last week looked a mess, asked James he says MERC does all the servicing/insp so they are on the clear!
Just hope driver is ok , units n trailers can be re-ordered!