M6 Toll

the big un:
At my old firm they used to insist on us using at peak times to get the delivers done all the trucks were fitted with tags no stopping and used to save up to 2hours on a run.All JIT delivers but chicken feed? lol

We can use it if were loaded with live chickens as to quote our TM "it cost’s £16000 every 15 minutes we stop the plant :open_mouth: ,how much does the toll cost■■?"and to be honest he’s got a point :smiley:

8 legger:
Saw you today sat in the traffic on the M62 coming out of Liverpool, glad i was going the other way, the traffic was awful!

Yeh that was a nightmare, took over an hour to move three miles to junction 10 where I was coming off, all because of a broken down truck :confused:

Rick B:

Gates:
If anyone can’t see that there is going to be a toll charge when you join it then you really shouldn’t be driving…simple as! It’s clearly marked for miles.

Know there’s charges, but it is possible to miss the signs for them if you are in the wrong lane. We got caught a month ago in our motorhome as we passed a line of artics with box trailers/containers on which obstructed the view. It doesn’t mean we shouldn’t have been driving! We just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and missed the junction of the M42 and M6 toll; we expected to pay a toll fee of about £3.50, it was a shock when we were asked for nearly £10 because we were higher than a trannie van. The annoying thing was that at the junction we were about 5 minutes drive from our destination, but it took us over an hour as a result of the enforced detour - unless of course we were prepared to be stung a second time to get back to where we had made the mistake.

ROG:

Gates:
As it is a toll road is it under the same law as any other road ?

YES - same road traffic laws apply
confirmation of above from POLICE CENTRAL M’WAY GROUP 0121 626 1285

i remember when it first opened rumours flew round that there was no speed limit on the M6 toll and traffic cops could not touch you :exclamation: :exclamation: to this day the amount of roaring rogers and sam the sales rep’s who get pulled by a plain wrapper is funny :exclamation: :exclamation: people treat it like a drag strip :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Rick B:

Gates:
Pulled up and told them I took a wrong turn and trying to turn around bla bla bla they said it was too late I would have to pay then I said like [zb] am paying they said then stay there so I said fine I will
Engine off taco on break feet up on dash radio on and chilling (I had all the time in the world) lol
20-30min later some guy come out and write the reg down and said I’ll give you a bill for the company you work for to pay if you don’t have any money (told him what happened last time) he said I don’t care if you get the sake over this its not my problem so I told him what I thought of him ([zb]) I knew it was not his problem don’t need some [zb] to tell me that but I didn’t care about what would of got said about it (nothing did) So I grab the bill off him and set off fast if he was any slower with the gate hed be billing me for that as well lol

As it is a toll road is it under the same law as any other road ? (I was all for backing up or driving off with the get down lol)

Wasted about 45min all that

People like you give most of us a bad name - I hope you post is a wind up cus you have shamed us all by your childish a foolish actions :imp:

Why is he a [zb] and you’re not■■? You’re attitude is a disgrace to any job let alone a job where real pro’s struggle for the basics. My opinion of you on that posting is … not worth typing! I could get personal but I won’t, I’m way above you!!

and its pepole like you with no back bone who sit and take this countrys ■■■■ then complain , and make others jobs hardrer , you made yourself look a fool ,
If anyone can’t see that there is going to be a toll charge when you join it then you really shouldn’t be driving…simple as! It’s clearly marked for miles.

and its pepole like you with no back bone who sit and take this countrys ■■■■ then complain , suppose next you will be telling everyone should be in correct lane at rounderbout because it’s marked up .

pepole take wrong turnings even when sign posted but then again i bet you dont, you sound way to perfect for that , but even better you have clearly stated you could get persnoal typical sheffeild attitude, would be intrested in who you work for because you seam better than the rest of us .

Cruise Control:
to this day the amount of roaring rogers and sam the sales rep’s who get pulled by a plain wrapper is funny :exclamation: :exclamation: people treat it like a drag strip :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Excuse me !!! :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

We have M6Toll Tags in our vehicles, use it if we need to but not when time or traffic doesn’t warrant it.

psv8:
and its pepole like you with no back bone who sit and take this countrys [zb] then complain , and make others jobs hardrer , you made yourself look a fool ,

and its pepole like you with no back bone who sit and take this countrys [zb] then complain , suppose next you will be telling everyone should be in correct lane at rounderbout because it’s marked up .

pepole take wrong turnings even when sign posted but then again i bet you dont, you sound way to perfect for that , but even better you have clearly stated you could get persnoal typical sheffeild attitude, would be intrested in who you work for because you seam better than the rest of us .

Why have I no backbone■■?

I’m far from a fool, neither have I made myself look one - I’ll not double quote either - I’m in control you see :sunglasses:

Where have I complained■■?

Yes! people should be in the correct lane at roundabouts if it’s clearly marked up! No excuse really…read the road ahead and be aware of your surroundings.

Wrong turnings when clearly signposted :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Do you get lost in the bathroom?

Could get personal is nothing to do with Sheffield? Don’t understand that at all…but the personal bit I was going to refer to was the that as he had clearly shown he was a bit of a ■■■■, I was just going to suggest he did a spell check before he posted - but I doubt you would understand that.

True Sheffield - Al si thi :wink:

i use it all the time when i’m down that way and want to head for the m40/42/6 when it is busy which is prob most of the day, was down that way couple months ago and had to go down m5 took me an hour from hilton park to the m5 split so i will now be going round brum if i want m5 in rush hours

Rick B:

Gates:
Pulled up and told them I took a wrong turn and trying to turn around bla bla bla they said it was too late I would have to pay then I said like [zb] am paying they said then stay there so I said fine I will
Engine off taco on break feet up on dash radio on and chilling (I had all the time in the world) lol
20-30min later some guy come out and write the reg down and said I’ll give you a bill for the company you work for to pay if you don’t have any money (told him what happened last time) he said I don’t care if you get the sake over this its not my problem so I told him what I thought of him ([zb]) I knew it was not his problem don’t need some [zb] to tell me that but I didn’t care about what would of got said about it (nothing did) So I grab the bill off him and set off fast if he was any slower with the gate hed be billing me for that as well lol

As it is a toll road is it under the same law as any other road ? (I was all for backing up or driving off with the get down lol)

Wasted about 45min all that

People like you give most of us a bad name - I hope you post is a wind up cus you have shamed us all by your childish a foolish actions :imp:

Why is he a [zb] and you’re not■■? You’re attitude is a disgrace to any job let alone a job where real pro’s struggle for the basics. My opinion of you on that posting is … not worth typing! I could get personal but I won’t, I’m way above you!!

Here here well said, it’s so well signed all the way I’m not sure how anyone could miss it. He came off at a junction prefixed with a T, is that also not plain enough. He’s just taking his own stupid mistake out on the unfortunate staff. No wonder truck drivers have a bad name

Gates attitude may explain why we are treated like lepers by so many.

giving US a bad name ? lol shamed US ? lol what do you think this is ? (truck driving)
first off i DIDN’T take a wrong turn i knew what road i was going to take. i just told them that i took a wrong turn ! (plz read be4 posting)
and when telling them i took a wrong turn and didnt have any money giving me the option to get a bill for the company to pay
(why should i pay ? its not my load or truck and i needed to do my best to keeping the run times)
when i talked to them first i was NICE told them where i stood and asked for what options i had THEY give me the ABUSE out right
(what was i going to do just let them walking all over me like 1/2 the pu$$y out there)
end of the day they give me what i wonted and i got on my way (just them making problems out of nothing) its been paid

what was i going to do get money out the air ? by the time i knew the A38 was very busy (stood) there was no way of getting any cash (no card)
if i didn’t take the toll road i would of run out of time meaning a night out/can’t do the run the next day (driving time)
means making more problems for others but half you so called drivers out there dont give a f**k about anything other then calling yourself a TRUCKER

i did/do my best to get the tuck to every drop on time and back to the yard so it can be reloaded (by any means !)

Gates:
first off i DIDN’T take a wrong turn i knew what road i was going to take. i just told them that i took a wrong turn ! (plz read be4 posting)

And they answered to you “Please read be4 turning, or you have to pay now” :slight_smile: Simply :slight_smile:

i knew that they wonted there money and they got it. i knew i had no cash on me so wonted them to give me a bill to take back. and when i am already on the road they can’t send me back they have to bill me or let me go free so its clear cut the way out. (bill)
its the way he talked to me i didn’t like
if they didn’t wont to bill me or let me go free then i would of been happy to go back to where i joined
i can’t do any more then that

• ding ding * Round 3!!! :unamused: :unamused:

xtruckerlady:

Rick B:

Gates:

Know there’s charges, but it is possible to miss the signs for them if you are in the wrong lane. .

Not just if you are in the wrong lane. I was directed onto it and had to pay despite me telling them I didn’t want to use their road. My boss paid anyway but being a bit bolshie I phoned the M6 Toll company to complain about this and they said that they were aware that there were signposting problems at the entrance where I joined.

:unamused: :unamused: