M6 Toll

Just a quick heads up-The M6 Toll is clear ! (05.00 Thursday morning)

Got me wondering, that must be a Boring Job, ‘M6 Toll Booth Operator’
Hope they enjoy reading, whilst they wait for the 3 cars & a lost Foreign Artic every hour !

Should do what the Humber Bridge has done.Reduce prices and traffic goes up, Easy.

esser:
Should do what the Humber Bridge has done.Reduce prices and traffic goes up, Easy.

That’s my point ! But the authorities would prefer us to use that Carnage on the old knackered M6.

Yeah, of it was a fiver for trucks & £2 for cars, it’d get used.

Even better if it was free…:slight_smile:

They should give it to us for free. They moan about the congestion all around Walsall and Spaghetti etc but at the same time do nothing about it. Mind you they would cut their nose off to spite their face than give the haulage industry a break.
The month of July was quality when it was free, I was flying past Brum like it wasn’t there!!

Hiya …how about make the toll road free and put a charge on the M6 from jct5 to jct7.
the money raised would go to the toll road owners.simple.
John

Not surprisingly the M6 Toll Road is the most chronically underused stretch of motorway in the whole network in England.
It loses millions of pounds a year and has never turned dollar one.
Why not integrate it into the network even if you keep it as a toll road but at a subsidised cheaper rate.
Anything to avoid the war zone that is the M6 Midland Links

No tolls in Scotland!

fredthered:
No tolls in Scotland!

Not a great many motorways either! :wink:

It was supposed to be free :open_mouth: when planning over twenty years ago :unamused: it was to be called the northern RELIEF road! :bulb: dummy brummies should be charged to use it :smiley: OR IF THE DSA MADE IT HARDER TO PASS A CAR TEST, AND TEACH MOTORISTS HOW TO USE A MOTORWAY PROPERLY INSTEAD OF TAKING PEOPLES MONEY, THEN WE AS PROFESSIONAL TRUCK DRIVERS WOULDN’T NEED TO HAVE THIS FARCE CALLED DCPC PUT ON US TO DIG THEM OUT OF THE MIRE! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: EU, you’re the straw that broke the camels back, and we mugs are PAYING for garbage training with three decades under my belt! :smiley: I don’t know everything, and I learn every day :laughing: BUT I can sniff retirement coming very shortly! RANT OVER, the race to the bottom is nearly complete. :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: