M6 toll... owners make a loss!

M6 toll operator Midland Expressway makes £41m loss

Gosh, I wonder why?

Gutted for them.

Happydaze:
Gutted for them.

… Not !!

Oh well maybe the UK govt. will take it off their hands if they pay us £45 million . :wink:

Who cares, toll roads are way too expensive anyway, our company has withdrawn all but Dart tag in our motors…

If they set the tolls at a reasonable rate more people would use it.

Also correct me if I’m wrong but if you exit on one of the junctions you still pay full price

Must be because Stobarts have stopped using it since March! When M6 Toll increased the price and refused to discount for them! :laughing:

toowise:
If they set the tolls at a reasonable rate more people would use it.

Also correct me if I’m wrong but if you exit on one of the junctions you still pay full price

You know what those ■■■■■■■■ did to me, I drove onto it by mistake, tried to come off one exit & there was nowhere to go with an hgv so I had to go back on the toll until the end so I got charged twice with a trailer on top @ day rate, that’s why I don’t sympathise with any tolls (especially m6 toll), the savings you’d make as a business or an individual can be put towards expensive fuel bills instead… :exclamation:

Same as the trains, they just don’t get it… they haven’t the brains to work it out… if you bring the prices down you will get more customers and more revenue…

They also have very misleading signage along the A38 and A5 to draw you towards going on the toll,I have nearly been caught out a few times,■■■■■!!
No doubt the government will step in and give them all a massive pay day and the tolls will just keep on going up!!,unlike Dartford toll,people do have a just as quick alternative (off peak of course)so avoid it.
People are sick and tired of being ripped off and lining the pockets of private companies!!!

Wonder if thats why they have coned off lane 1 of the normal stretch of M6 becasuse i can’t see bugger all going on!

dar1976:

Happydaze:
Gutted for them.

… Not !!

+1, shame its still owned by the Ozzies :grimacing:

Excellent news. Hopefully from now on, roads will be built using our tax money for what it was intended.

I pay my taxes to benefit the society in which I live. I do not pay my taxes so UK government’s can give it to Somalia, pay the World’s economic migrants benefits or pay some sink estate, benefit scrounging single parent £1000 a week to spit out kids.

ha ha ha ha ha ha :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

It’s an even worse idea than French autoroutes because you’ll get nicked for the privilege of using it properly even going 10 mph slower than on the rip off French versions. :smiling_imp: :unamused: :laughing:

Carryfast:
It’s an even worse idea than French autoroutes because you’ll get nicked for the privilege of using it properly even going 10 mph slower than on the rip off French versions. :smiling_imp: :unamused: :laughing:

MMTM! Yay! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If you are using the M6 for transit through the from anyhere beyond Rugby to anywhere north of Stoke then it is just better (in peak times) to spend that extra 20 minutes going up the m1 and across the a50. It’s 20 minutes longer but at least 25 minutes quicker than being stuck in the midlands on the m6. The fact that there is a toll on the m6 relief road just causes more traffic to use the roads around Stoke !!!

It makes you laugh that the m6 toll is almost empty when there is chaos on the m6. If they charged sensible prices then a lot more traffic would use the toll road, however they look at it as more maintenance cost to their precious tarmac if they let lorries use it for a cheap rate, but they don’t have an excuse when it comes to cars. What you have to realise though is that a lot of the cars sitting in the traffic in Birmingham are not using the toll road as they are not travelling that far. You only have to look at how many come on and off at each junction between the m42 and m54. The m6 toll is to a lot of people, built the wrong way around. In an ideal world if the owners could swap the m6 toll for the m6 (swapping the toll too) then you would find a very different story on the normal m6 as it stands today !!! Maybe the answer is to put tolls on the entrance to Junctions 5 to 10 but not on the m5 j8. That will stop alot of traffic joining to do 1, 2 or 3 junctions and free up the motorway.

Happydaze:

Carryfast:

MMTM! Yay! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No just having driven home from Le Mans enough times for my luck to have finally run out once on the basis of there being safety in numbers and they can’t nick all of us at the same time. :open_mouth: :smiling_imp: :laughing: