M6 Toll, no fuel

Just a quick heads up, to the ‘Thousands’ of Trucks that they think use the M6 (rip off) Toll.3

Matrix sign just said-
Norton Cane, M6 Toll, no HGV Fuel.

What a Shame !

I never use the Toll & I never buy fuel from any services any way.

Waste of a sign actually !

I’m bored !

I like the sign M6 toll no delays sign, what a waste of money that road is, I bet it’ll never recoup the expense of building it, I only know 1 person who has used it and that was because work reimbursed them for it.

Work pay for me to use it, very rarely though. Have to have a very good reason, otherwise it’d be deducted from my wages. IE truck booked in for service or repair, huge delays, risk of needing a night out (day cabs only, with Premier Inn cards) etc

We just use our fuel cards.

Only had to do it 3 or 4 times in the last 2 years. Always plenty of trucks on it though.

NewLad:
I like the sign M6 toll no delays sign, what a waste of money that road is, I bet it’ll never recoup the expense of building it, I only know 1 person who has used it and that was because work reimbursed them for it.

Not likely to ever pay it back, when they actually run at a loss, £41 million in one year, it would have made better sense for the government to buy it off them and remove the tolls, rather than spending the money on the M6 management system!

I always use it in my car if passing through during rush hour.

LMAO @ Some drivers and the M6 Toll.

I was at Royal Mail in Coventry and one of the drivers was throwing a ■■■■■ fit because all the toll tags had been handed out.

It was a night shift for the driver in question and avoiding the M6Toll probably cost him 10 minutes - he spent twice this time kicking off at not being allowed to use it. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

trubster:

I was at Royal Mail in Coventry and one of the drivers was throwing a ■■■■■ fit because all the toll tags had been handed out.

It was a night shift for the driver in question and avoiding the M6Toll probably cost him 10 minutes - he spent twice this time kicking off at not being allowed to use it. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

It’s probably slower at night. Much longer way round

PaulNowak:

trubster:

It’s probably slower at night. Much longer way round

Depending on whether you are loaded and if you stick to the speed limits :smiley:

Definitley better for fuel efficiency on the M6T but not worth £10 a pop

Is it still free to FTA members?

Tipper Tom:
Is it still free to FTA members?

No, that was just for last July, I was on holiday for 2 weeks of it, then only got to use it twice (went up it one day & back down it the next) :unamused:

That ‘M6 toll clear’ sign, don’t think it has ever said anything else but our Highways Agency should also have a sign alongside it…M6 Clear, Save your money.

Armagedon:
That ‘M6 toll clear’ sign, don’t think it has ever said anything else but our Highways Agency should also have a sign alongside it…M6 Clear, Save your money.

You mean

“M6 CLEAR
BUY A LOTTERY TICKET”

I use it and use the keyfuels card to pay, at the end of the day less fuel is used on it than being stuck in traffic on the actual M6 or stopping and starting on the A5, but hey oh each to your own :unamused: :unamused:

Matrix sign should read “M6 toll keep clear” waste of time road glad to say never used it