M6 Roadworks jct 4

Does anybody know what roadworks are planned for the northbound M6 from jct 4 upto well past jct 5. I saw a sign yesterday saying the work will start on the 20/10/2008 till winter 2009? I have seen that the average speed cameras are ready to.

Go to here http://www.trafficengland.com/TCC/EventTable/ViewEventTable.do and put the details into the various boxes, and you’ll get all the information you ask.
The only thing it won’t tell you, is emergency roadworks. ie: after an accident if the infrastructure is damaged and needs repair before it can be deemed safe to use. That’s usually done the same day, or following night.

Not from down that area, but isn’t that around spaghetti junction? if it is, then I can tell you that all the concrete fly-over sections of the junction are now needing major repairs, the old concrete worm has taken it’s toll. I would imagine that this might be the start of the repairs.

The problem with the 1960’s concrete is now starting to affect a lot of “fly-overs” or “long bridges”
Exit at J5,M60, and J1-J2, M53 are a couple that are being repaired in our area at the moment.

prdcb1:
Does anybody know what roadworks are planned for the northbound M6 from jct 4 upto well past jct 5. I saw a sign yesterday saying the work will start on the 20/10/2008 till winter 2009? I have seen that the average speed cameras are ready to.

They have been doing the roadworks on that stretch for the last 20 years.

Start one end , then back. Ongoing for the next 20years