M6 bham road works

came back down the M6 tuesday to see the news major roadworks j8-j5 assum southbound but not sure ,and to last till dec 06,anyone got more info?

Highways Agency Website

The Project

Work to resurface the M6 Northbound at junction 8 (M5 Interchange) and M6 Southbound at junction 5-6 (near Spaghetti Junction), began in June 2006 and scheduled for completion by December 2006.

A5 -A38-M42 BACK TO M6 . At night time , through the day your stuffed whichever way you do it .

Come on, it’s obvious, the toll road isn’t getting enough business so make the M6 even worse than it is & it might encourage a few people to switch!!

just to remind ppl there puttin the cameras up so watch your speed it,s them average speed ones

When they were still building the Toll Road, and the tailbacks were sometimes back to Gailey, I used A50-M1-A42-M42.

It’s a long way round, but better than sitting in a queue.

Especially when paid hourly. :laughing:

it’s gona be a nightmare, but to be fair it’s well over due the inside lane north bound from 5 through to 8 is like a dirt track. i wonder if the toll price will sudenly go up when they start?

The problem is Paul, a big stretch between 5 and 6 was only done last year and its as bad again. Will this current one also need doing again next year?

Also J9 entry slip south bound will also be closed for 14 months, so if your coming out of Walsall (as we do everyday) you either go up to 10, or use the ring road and get to J7

great, i use that junction 3 times a week coming out of darleston!
think i might go up the a5 off the 38 to canock and drop back down from j11 or use the toll, is it still a fiver?

£7.00 on the toll

fourteen quid a run, think i might use the A5.