M6 accident

Just came over the a46/m69 and it looked like a lorry has fallen off the a4600 roundabout onto the m6.

ouch, that would hurt. Hope Driver is o.k and they didn’t flatten anyone on the m6 :frowning:

Just heard this on the travel news.

Hope the driver is ok.

Copyright Birmingham Post
http://www.birminghampost.net/news/west-midlands-news/2010/09/27/m6-closed-after-lorry-crashes-from-bridge-onto-motorway-near-coventry-97319-27351163/

Bloody hell :open_mouth: What luck nobody hit him travelling down the M6!!

Glad to hear driver is alright. :open_mouth: Driving too fast for the roundabout? Cut up by another vehicle and had to swerve? F/N/S blow out and lost it? Who can say…

Rob K:
Glad to hear driver is alright. :open_mouth: Driving too fast for the roundabout? Cut up by another vehicle and had to swerve? F/N/S blow out and lost it? Who can say…

Crappily loaded container, and load shifted, most likely. :neutral_face:

Olly650:

Rob K:

Crappily loaded container, and load shifted, most likely. :neutral_face:

Possible but I don’t buy it. Containers don’t just go over like that and nor do loads shift about to that extent either. Did years pulling all sorts of boxes and only ever had 1 load shift and that was stopping from 30mph in approx 10ft which resulted in the load of steel inside coming through the front of the box like a hot knife through butter. Only boxes that really need a steady hand are them flexitanks. The rest you can drive normally so long as you apply a bit of noggin.

I was there!!! In fact i’m in that photo, fame or what!! Cant comment on what caused it, the Hansons driver who witnessed it could though and i believe speed was a factor is all i can say. I think it shocked him into next week too. He was on the island in the inside lane when it happened and no more than 10 feet away from going with him from his comments.
Driver was extracted and taken to hospital, i think he was running on adrenaline until he got himself out. Injuries are reported as serious but i have no more info. Medicos were very careful with him and looking at the cab afterwards i think he is a lot worse than he looked.

Many thanks to all the drivers who accepted the delays, especially when we had to close the southbound slip back onto the M6 for the investigation to be carried out, i can assure you i got it reopened as soon as i could.

There will be further delays on the island as 50mtrs of barrier needs replacing on the bridge which wont be a quick job. I think at least lane 1 will also need to remain closed as the damaged bridge parapet is hanging over lane 1 and the HS. recovery was well underway when i left scene.

Mick.

Any idea what was in the box ?.

Old clothes, i was told they were going to Poland but i dont know if thats true. Looked to be well filled, the box is scrap by the way.

mick.

i drove past about 11.45 it didnt look pretty i feared the worst for the driver !

Im due to go off there tonight will i still be able to get off that junction?

Should all be open tonight, depends what time, if its after rush hour the queue should have gone southbound from J3, shouldnt be any delay except a lane closed on the roundabout above J2.

Mick.

Holy Moly! - Glad driv’s got out and into hospital though, hope he buys a lottery ticket after looking at that! - My uncle rang and said don’t go that way a truck has fallen off a bridge, and well, that was kind of the outcome i was imagining in that pic :frowning:

Rather scary as i’m usualy around that neck of the woods at that time of day :open_mouth:

I can see what has happened.

The box driver was too busy watching that 4x4 coming the wrong way in lane 3 :open_mouth:

Ok, maybe not :laughing: but seriously, glad to hear no-one was killed and I hope the driver makes a good recovery.

Stu190:
Holy Moly! - Glad driv’s got out and into hospital though, hope he buys a lottery ticket after looking at that! - My uncle rang and said don’t go that way a truck has fallen off a bridge, and well, that was kind of the outcome i was imagining in that pic :frowning:

Rather scary as i’m usualy around that neck of the woods at that time of day :open_mouth:

As everyone else,really glad the driver is kinda OK,and no one else involved. Stu,I really don’t think there’s any point in that man buying a lottery ticket at any time in the next(insert No. as appropriate) years.He’s just used up all of his luck.

Darby Flyer,it is quite obvious that he was avoiding the two 4x4’s parked on the bridge. :smiley:
Bloody Wesr Midlands wombles,think they can park anywhere :laughing:

We can, cant we■■?

Mick

Until you come onto my patch Mick :slight_smile: