M5 south j3 to 4

just behind a bad accident today artic through central reservation head on with car,i think in 25 yrs driving ive never seen a car that damaged condolences to all involved.

Was a Pentons artic, 2 dead. Very nasty.

birminghammail.net/news/top- … -28689528/

Bad news all round… There was a bad smash involing an artic loaded with coal, which flipped and smashed into some trees and a barn on the New A44 between Worcester and Evesham yesterday. Hope that driver will be on the mend soon, as BBC HandW say serious but stable condition in Brum.

My uncle went through the central reservation of the A34 years ago-caused by an owl smashing through his windscreen and him instinctively putting his hands to his face so it’s easily done. I bet the tossers from Brake will be cursing lorry drivers tonight…

Lucky more cars weren’t involved at that time of day with him going accross the whole carriageway. My gut tells me the artic driver probably dosed at the wheel.

only 1 person nows what happened,sat there from 11 25 till 3 35 lots of rumors coming from the people walking down to have a look, why baffles me but lots were saying he had a front off side tyre blow.Vosa were all over it in no time.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … l?ITO=1490

rob22888:
Lucky more cars weren’t involved at that time of day with him going accross the whole carriageway. My gut tells me the artic driver probably dosed at the wheel.

My gut tells me I need a dump, please will people stop assuming that when this sort of tragedy happens that the driver fell asleep, it dont do anybody any favours and it isnt needed.

Hear hear…■■■■■ assuming all the time…Were they there? :unamused:

Saw some pics on the news.By looking at was it where you go up the hill bit as you dont see many wagons keep there speed going up there

rob22888:

Must have been a VERY ALERT “dosed off” driver as there are skid marks across the central res leading to the rear of the trailer

rob22888:

You sure mate? :unamused:
drivers who fall asleep arnt usually able to use the brakes
see the skid marks from lane 1 all the way to the opposite carriageway

dowahdiddyman:

rob22888:

My gut tells me I need a dump, please will people stop assuming that when this sort of tragedy happens that the driver fell asleep, it dont do anybody any favours and it isnt needed.

Well said that man.

ASSUME makes an ■■■ of U and ME .We dont know what the cause was. Leave it to the professionals and ■■■■ out.What if the next of kin reads posts on here and thinks that "HE FELL ASLEEP"knows more than they are being told?

And yet again the idiots rear there stupid ignorant heads

HGV’s should only be allowed to circulate through the night, let’s say 11PM through til 6AM! They cause more accidents and tailbacks than anything else!

• DJS , Nantes, France, 14/5/2011 13:22

Read more: dailymail.co.uk/news/article … z1MLTLewRX

nasty accident that,witness update reckons truck had a blow out & that’s why it went through central reservation
birminghammail.net/news/top- … -28693549/

After looking at the pictures, there seems to be a fair amount of rubber laid down for a truck going up hill. Apart from having a blow-out, could some kind of mechanical failure been partly to blame? Could the driver have been having some sort of issue with his health? Who knows. Most of us saw the video i posted a while back where things can change in the blink of an eye and yet again, this shows how ■■■■ poor the defences are on major roads when something goes wrong and it must be about time that some of the huge amount of money that we/our companies pay towards having our trucks on the roads every day was put to making our roads a safer place for those that use them. A sad day for many involved.

With power steering, modern tyres and brakes, a blowout should never cause that type of carnage. The vehicle has crossed 6 lanes of traffic and a central barrier which points more to a mechanical failure which the investigation will find.

The speculation doesn’t just start from here, there are much more dangerous people in the big bad world, like the do good anti motoring organisations and tree huggers who want to force us all to live in brown paper bags

I watched the prog. about 303 SQUADRON as well ,A bit like agencies,help me out I am in a pickle.They dont bother phoning for months after.Absolutely disgusting the way they were treated after the war ended.