Car DEAD - killed by an artic - but me ALIVE!

Well, I’m alive :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: but my poor little car is a write-off :cry: :cry: :cry:
Southbound M6 J3 to 2 at 5pm yesterday.
Row of 4 artics in lane 1, me and other cars in lane 2 going steadily passed them. Traffic in lanes 2 & 3 slow down so I do same - puts me in the one position that I do not want - right next to the cab of one of the artics - flash - Looks left - artic indicator now on - BANG - it hits me :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Now spinning out of control - hit central barrier and end up facing towards hard shoulder - steers for hard hard shoulder and parks perfectly :smiley:
Who stopped :question: - NO-ONE. :angry: :angry:

Every panel on the car, apart from the roof is either missing or damaged.

Apart from being shaken around like a rag doll and a very mild headache - I’m ok.

I’m guesing it was a left ■■■■■■.

Bloody hell!! hope your ok? i gather you didnt get the number? probably like you say a left ■■■■■■ with a bloody import driver!!

Dont suppose the motorway cameras caught it??

I had a close one on the M11 a few weeks ago - polish artic passed me in rigid 18t and cut in as his rear wheels level with cab- put me on hard shoulder to avoid bieng hit and had to brake hard- almost rammed up the arse by truck behind he ■■■■■■ off up the M11 obviously at over 56 and i couldnt catch up to him in my feeble volvo, a good shoeing would have have been the dish of the day if i had caught him- they dont give a toss!!

Ops

Glad to hear you are OK thats the main thing

I know our wonderful government is handing our mirrors left hookers to stop this sort of thing.

Dont suppose the motorway cameras caught it??

Lots of CCTV on that section so am hopeful but if foreigner I don’t hold out much hope.

Glad you are Ok ROG, that’s the main thing, could have been a lot nastier!

Alex

close one rog, but main thing is you are ok. :astonished:

Glad you are ok Rog, I live not too far from where you were and there seems to be at least one big knock there every day.Always seems to involve artics had a couple roll over there just last week.

Blimey mate, glad you survived unscathed to tell the tale.

Doesn’t surprise me that no one stopped, and i’d lay a pound to a penny that its another bleedin foreigner.

I’ve been saying this for years, but nothings going to be done about the foreign hell drivers until someone ‘‘important’’ gets wiped out, like a politician (if only) or a bimbo celebrity.

Ordinary working people have counted for very little in this quickly disintegrating country of ours for a long time now.

I hope for you that the camera’s got the incident, as otherwise its going onto your insurance, i know thats small potatoes compared to the fact you could be in a hospital bed or worse now, but it still isn’t right.

How the hell do fellow British people see something like this happen (you’re not telling me that no one realised what had happened) and just carry on without even stopping to check whether you’re in one piece, or to offer witness to the fact your the innocent party.

Regards

Glad you’re ok Rog :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Thanks for the kind comments folks :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Just been to local cop shop and reported incident. :slight_smile:
Cherished number plate and insurance (fully comp) are a nightmare to sort out - both want the same docs etc etc… :confused: :confused: :confused:
No courtesey car after 48 hours - no good to me - I need one for monday.
Neighbour will let me have his car as he has a company one as well but he wants me to insure it fully comp but he has insurance on it and the same vehicle cannot be double insured - they don’t make it easy , do they… :exclamation:

With the delay for the cherished plate etc, I probably will not see any insurance money for 2 months or so :cry:

Glad to hear your OK ROG.

Just shows you how east it can happen :open_mouth:

ROG glad that you are okay.

BUT & again BUT will those who complain
about non -uk trucks remember that the same applys to
the UK truck & driver when over the water and how many
accidents happen because the truck is a RIGHT HAND
DRIVE IT MAY HAVE BEEN A rhd TRUCK ROG??
Lets hope that the CCTV coverage can help
you sort out who was at fault and perhaps even
show enough to help catch the driver of the truck

IT MAY HAVE BEEN A rhd TRUCK ROG??

If it was, then there is NO EXCUSE

ROG

Glad to hear your ok, thankfully it was only the car which was hurt.

Your (TU)G went out of the window though. Bad spot to get yourself in, no escape plan.

laikin’ art:
ROG

Glad to hear your ok, thankfully it was only the car which was hurt.

Your (TU)G went out of the window though. Bad spot to get yourself in, no escape plan.

2 choices - with traffic backing off in front of me quickly I could have got too close of the vehicle in front or, as I did, eased off and I as then realised I was in ‘the wrong place’ I did not have time to do owt about it in time.

Hi ROG I’m very sorry to hear of this.
Cherished number plate and insurance hassles ALL pale into insignificance compared with the fact that YOU weren’t really hurt.

The outcome could have been so different, so I’m thankful that it wasn’t.

IMHO, you should get that headache checked out, in case it’s some form of concussion.

I wish the authorities every success in tracing the truck concerned and with any prosecution that might follow.

Glad your okay ,how could we replace you on trucknet!!?

ROG:

IT MAY HAVE BEEN A rhd TRUCK ROG??

If it was, then there is NO EXCUSE

Whether it was RHD or LHD doesn’t matter.
IMHO, your “NO EXCUSE” comment is spot-on either way up.
The driver crossed into your lane inappropriately, so where the blame lies is obvious.

There’s only one ROG, so I’m glad you’re still with us.:grimacing:

Now we’ve established you are ok, and certainly not to blame…

Any pics of the car!? :sunglasses:

Alex

ROG:
Neighbour will let me have his car as he has a company one as well but he wants me to insure it fully comp but he has insurance on it and the same vehicle cannot be double insured - they don’t make it easy , do they… :exclamation:

Never used them myself but they seem to do exactly what you want.

Paul