M5 accidents

Jamieg:

truckman020:

Jamieg:

truckman020:

Jamieg:

truckman020:
came north today on the M5 and got caught up in 2 accidents,first one was around 2pm and involved 2 cars,2nd one was later around 4pm,again 2 cars,i know us hgv drivers are no saints I have had a number of bumps over the years and they were my fault,but never on a motorway and never enough to cause problems for other road users I never understand what it is with car drivers and why they cause other drivers trying to do their job hassel,did not take long to clear but I lost around 1 hour because of them today [no doubt other hgv drivers did as well]

Car causes delay.

Tell you what I’ll moan every time a trucker closes a motorway due to stupidity and I bet I post more than you do.

I very much doubt that as car drivers are the main cause of accidents on the motorways,listen to the radio traffic reports during the day and virtually everytime there is an accident they will say,two car shunt,4 car shunt or a number of cars have been involved, etc,i will say however that when its an hgv it does cause more problems than most,but eighty per cent of the time its cars,are you an hgv driver,my guess is not

Most long delays are caused by trucks being involved Either hitting cars or other trucks or by just falling over. And when they do everyone suffers.

I don’t deny that many car drivers are total muppets, but they are in the main amateurs.

Truck drivers are in the main no longer the Knights of the road they used to be. They should be professional in attitude and take into account the fact that the lesser beings driving cars do not possess the superior skills that professional drivers do.

However in many cases now the car drivers seem to have progressed to driving trucks without gaining any extra skills.

Bit like the inmates taking over the asylum.

Add up the hours you are delayed in a month and say a big thanks to your fellow truckers for [zb] up your day.

as I said in my reply listen to the radio and most times it is the car drivers not the truckers,although I will agree truck drivers are not totally innocent

cambridge-news.co.uk/Severe- … story.html

liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv … ed-7859403

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-li … e-28934111

london24.com/news/man_killed … _1_3763032

warringtonguardian.co.uk/new … rry_crash/

bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/11 … sh_on_M40/

I only picked articles in the last couple of months but trucks appear in all.

That doesn’t mean all truck drivers are bad, but don’t bang on about the [zb] car drivers being the bane of your life because the words pot, kettle and black spring to mind.

And as for the HA have only found them to be as helpful as they are allowed to be and most certainly prefer to have them on the roads than not.

did you take the time to find out if they were at fault,they may appear in all but does not mean they caused the accidents,most of the accidents I have seen involve only cars and I have so far been on the road 34 yrs as a van driver up to hgv so I have seen quite a few,this does include hgv accidents as well though,sounds like you just drive cars,why else would you get so irritated,classic example was Thursday last,a car had all its back caved in on the M4,this was 6 o clock in the morning when the motorway was virtually empty,no other vehicle involved,explain that

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ my bad i was bladdered checking my facebook and cooking a fry up with my feet up on the dash, whilst stroking one out, hit the car and thought it best not to stop as the half rotting prostitute corpse under my bunk was starting to whiff a bit :frowning:

In my experience, more collisions involve trucks but that is mainly because i have included foreign hgv sideswipes. Remove them from the equation and is mostly shunts involving cars in the outside lane that I attend. But obviously trucks crashing make the headlines because, they take longer to clear, they are supposed to be professional, a truck crashing is a nicer headline than a car crashing. Today’s M1 crash J10-9 was ‘allegedly’ caused because the truck driver failed to see the traffic slowing so then after shunting one car, went across all four lanes shunting another six vehicles. There’s good and bad car and truck drivers but bad truck drivers stand out more because of the size of the vehicle and the carnage they can cause

extrucker:
But obviously trucks crashing make the headlines because, they take longer to clear, they are supposed to be professional, a truck crashing is a nicer headline than a car crashing. Today’s M1 crash J10-9 was ‘allegedly’ caused because the truck driver failed to see the traffic slowing so then after shunting one car, went across all four lanes shunting another six vehicles.

When i used to play “on road”, We had Mr Trucker into the bank of the queue killing a family of 6 including 4 kids, The Signals were set miles previously. Next one, Mr Trucker into back of stationery queue/truck in front at full whack with signals set miles back and witnesses stating “what the ####### was he doing everyone else was slowing down or stationery”.

They certainly make the headlines as well as causing monumental delays for many :neutral_face:

Yes Speedyguy, cars do the same but with less carnage. And don’t make the headlines. I hate working weekends because motorways are full of numpties. I much prefer weekdays when motorways are full of trucks because the majority are switched on.

speedyguy:

extrucker:
But obviously trucks crashing make the headlines because, they take longer to clear, they are supposed to be professional, a truck crashing is a nicer headline than a car crashing. Today’s M1 crash J10-9 was ‘allegedly’ caused because the truck driver failed to see the traffic slowing so then after shunting one car, went across all four lanes shunting another six vehicles.

When i used to play “on road”, We had Mr Trucker into the bank of the queue killing a family of 6 including 4 kids, The Signals were set miles previously. Next one, Mr Trucker into back of stationery queue/truck in front at full whack with signals set miles back and witnesses stating “what the ####### was he doing everyone else was slowing down or stationery”.

They certainly make the headlines as well as causing monumental delays for many :neutral_face:

So, you make your own clothes , from local wool, and scavenge local for food?

If not, a truck moved to you.

Shut up, and F off.

fdm:

speedyguy:

extrucker:
But obviously trucks crashing make the headlines because, they take longer to clear, they are supposed to be professional, a truck crashing is a nicer headline

So, you make your own clothes , from local wool, and scavenge local for food?

If not, a truck moved to you.

Shut up, and F off.

WTF are you on about, been drinking ■■ Like a few truckers like to whilst on the road??

I drove trucks for years, am still involved with them regularly and understand exactly what they do and how important they are, but expect the drivers/industry to be responsible for some of the consequences of their/it’s actions.

Therefore i respectfully suggest you FO preferably off the bumper of the vehicle in front .

come on children lets kiss and make uo

There are more numptie car drivers than truck drivers on the road.

No one who drives regularly will argue with that.

And foreign trucks are in general more of a danger than UK registered ones.

However we should expect more of truck drivers than car drivers because they are paid to drive and should be more skilled than the average Joe.

The problem comes when a truck hits something because the effect is so much greater than a car.

And there are a number of truck drivers who do things that are frankly unacceptable.

Jamieg:
There are more numptie car drivers than truck drivers on the road.

No one who drives regularly will argue with that.

And foreign trucks are in general more of a danger than UK registered ones.

However we should expect more of truck drivers than car drivers because they are paid to drive and should be more skilled than the average Joe.

The problem comes when a truck hits something because the effect is so much greater than a car.

And there are a number of truck drivers who do things that are frankly unacceptable.

Sums it all up really in one post.