M5 Accident today

Just thought I would post that a truck driver / drivers going about his/ their business appeared to get thrust into a tragic situation, without the time to react in a preventative manner. I was told by a policeman at the scene shortly after the accident at West Brom J1 of the M5 had happenned, that a person fell or believed jumped from the bridge over the Motorway. It was unfortunate that 2 lorries were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
I wish to add that my thoughts are with you after this most shocking of events. They may or may not be on here - some of you may know them, but to the drivers of the Maritime container lorry, and the Edmondsons box lorry, my thoughts are with you.

Mine too I was first on the scene last year on the m69 when a car hit someone walking on motorway. Was not a nice sight let me tell

What kind of screen wash is going to be best for that, winter or summer formula?

Not funny coffeeholic.Sick and sad. There is a time and place for stupid , ignorant remarks and this forum isn’t what it. Grow up.
Condolences to those involved.

Too much coffee in his veins. :open_mouth:
My ex-boss had someone drive their car right at him, commiting suicide, they found a note in his home. It’s such a selfish act when you use someone else to do it, their lives are forever affected. My boss couldn’t drive for more than an hour, or his panic attacks froze him. :frowning:
I was witness to a head on with two cars, in one were 3 grandchildren aged 1 year old to 7, and 2 grandparents, in the other was a young bloke and his girlfriend, he overtook me and the wagon in front of me on the brow of a hill doing around 80 and hit the other car head on as it came over the hill, 7 dead including half the young baby that I found in a child seat. I’m still affected by it. :cry: :frowning:
Phil

lightning:
It was unfortunate that 2 lorries were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I should imagine they were in the perfect place for the selfish idiot that decided to jump.

My condolences to both drivers ,what a horrible thing to be put through by someone else when you’re just going about your work.

alfaman:
Not funny coffeeholic.Sick and sad. There is a time and place for stupid , ignorant remarks and this forum isn’t what it. Grow up.

Wasn’t meant to be funny but happy to help.

Coffeeholic:
What kind of screen wash is going to be best for that, winter or summer formula?

I would have thought ( or HOPED ) that you could have been more sensitive to what is a tragic event.
A similar , sad accident cost the life of a friend of mine a few years ago .
Please show some respect , and apologise for your insubordinate manner .
Thank you , cattle wagon man.

Those drivers are going to be ruined by that,poor sods.

Coffee you could do worse than edit your post.

cattle wagon man:

Coffeeholic:

I would have thought ( or HOPED ) that you could have been more sensitive to what is a tragic event.

You see it as tragic, I see it as someone got exactly what they wished for. The trucks are going to need cleaning so it’s a valid question.

cattle wagon man:
Please show some respect ,

Respect for someone who wanted to kill them self and instead of doing it quietly somewhere decided to inconvenience a lot of people and really [zb] up a couple of others day? No, I don’t think so.

cattle wagon man:
and apologise for your insubordinate manner .

:unamused: :unamused: Eh?

ShropsBri:
Coffee you could do worse than edit your post.

Correct.

Not everybody thinks about or reacts to these things the same way, it’s not compulsory to go all Diana about it.

Was about 25’ away from a bloke who jumped from the top of a car park a few years back…heard a shout, thought it was someone i knew and and as i looked round, all i saw was a body about 10’ off the deck. The thud was sickening, the mess was ■■■■■■■ disgusting and i haven’t been to that car park since. Think it’s one of the clearest things i can remember to this day. Apart from when a couple of us tried to pull a guy out from a car that we witness crash on the A23nb, near Handcross (used to be a Litle Chef type thing ((20ish years ago)) but looking at Google Earth, looks like its just a BP garage now) he was trapped, car caught fire and we had to leave him to burn.

I got to agree with Coffee on this one, its sad that the drivers have to now deal with what happened, but they are alive. As for the poor soul that killed themselves, that’s their choice. So get over yourselves :unamused:
If that person was to have just stood on the bridge you’d all be calling for them to jump or get knicked for wasting time, so ffs you cant have it both ways.

im with coffee sad, but we must move on like when the woman walked in front of me on m25 j26. you cant let it ruin your life, it was their choice not yours, you are just wrong place and time.

Right but someone has to be in a pretty bad place to want to do that, so whatever way you look at it it’s a sad time for ALL involved, and therefore doesn’t need flippant remarks.

Mental health illness is just that…an illness, is someone who died of cancer or a heart attack selfish? This person was sick simple as. They did not think about the drivers their families or anybody else because their illness took over and they only wanted 1 thing, to die. If you are so narrow minded to have no sympathy for the poor soul at least think of their friends and families, we all have lost someone at one point in our lives and just because you mightn’t understand why they did it doesn’t make it easier for the people left behind. RIP

I’m with coffee on this,you lot need to lighten up a bit. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

sammy:
Mental health illness is just that…an illness, is someone who died of cancer or a heart attack selfish? This person was sick simple as. They did not think about the drivers their families or anybody else because their illness took over and they only wanted 1 thing, to die. If you are so narrow minded to have no sympathy for the poor soul at least think of their friends and families, we all have lost someone at one point in our lives and just because you mightn’t understand why they did it doesn’t make it easier for the people left behind. RIP

A proper won’t someone please think of the children post, we haven’t had one of those for a while.

TonyCBR:
If that person was to have just stood on the bridge you’d all be calling for them to jump or get knicked for wasting time, so ffs you cant have it both ways.

You should see the response when I suggest a sniper in that situation, there’s some major seething goes on then. :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

sammy:

A proper won’t someone please think of the children post, we haven’t had one of those for a while.

That could be you one day or someone you care about? Maybe then you might think differently■■?