M5 Accident today

bazza123:

Coffeeholic:

sammy:
Mental health illness is just that…an illness, is someone who died of cancer or a heart attack selfish? This person was sick simple as. They did not think about the drivers their families or anybody else because their illness took over and they only wanted 1 thing, to die. If you are so narrow minded to have no sympathy for the poor soul at least think of their friends and families, we all have lost someone at one point in our lives and just because you mightn’t understand why they did it doesn’t make it easier for the people left behind. RIP

A proper won’t someone please think of the children post, we haven’t had one of those for a while.

That could be you one day or someone you care about? Maybe then you might think differently■■?

The won’t someone please think of the children/it might be one of your loved ones post has already been done. :unamused:

Never a nice thing to see.Saw a ran over trampled mess a few years ago at daft o clock in the morning. No cops on scene,just happened. Lots of hazard lights and drivers waving hi viz around. I did follow that one up in the northhants news. Suffering from post natal depression and wandered off into the night and threw herself onto the motorway from the bridge.
Crumpled in pieces mess.

Look, he’s Scottish OK, they don’t get all touchy feely like us Southerners, you need to take Coffee’s remarks about death with a pinch of salt. I sympathise with whoever jumped as this type of depressive illnes can sometimes be temporary and 6 months to a year down the line, they could feel like the king of the world and be loving life, that won’t happen now.

I agree that if you are going to top yourself you should do it somewhere it doesn’t effect other people.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion it is after all a free country.

I’ll just leave this here.

Coffeeholic:

ShropsBri:
Coffee you could do worse than edit your post.

Correct.

Not everybody thinks about or reacts to these things the same way, it’s not compulsory to go all Diana about it.

well said coffee, although not a good day for the drivers involved most of us if honest will find humour in this somwere

I saw a girl a couple of years ago (and just before Christmas) sitting on the other side of the barrier on top of Barton bridge with police talking to her. I think if she was going to jump then she would have done it and maybe the attention was what she required but to be honest I think I could have talked to her and getting her back over the barrier if it was just me and her and it wouldn’t have been me saying “If you were going to jump then you’d have done it by now”. I would have said to her that she already had more bottle than me to even sit were she was sitting, must take guts to sit where she was sitting… The water below her though did leave me a bit confused as surely if you wanted to kill yourself and didn’t just cry for help then you’d sit over the land 10 metres along ?