M5 accidents

came north today on the M5 and got caught up in 2 accidents,first one was around 2pm and involved 2 cars,2nd one was later around 4pm,again 2 cars,i know us hgv drivers are no saints I have had a number of bumps over the years and they were my fault,but never on a motorway and never enough to cause problems for other road users I never understand what it is with car drivers and why they cause other drivers trying to do their job hassel,did not take long to clear but I lost around 1 hour because of them today [no doubt other hgv drivers did as well]

It’s simply down to the number of idiots taking needless risks for whatever reason, drinking coffee, texting or whatever, could have been down to mechanical failure? The sheer amount of volume of traffic, especially on a Friday will mean that somewhere at some point there will be incidents. Just have to hope you don’t get stuck for too long. This is one of the main reasons I prefer working through the night, far less idiots to worry about, just have to worry about closures and the like.

That’s why I parked at Ross last night, can’t face the m5 on Friday afters, only bugger here & it’s free on Friday nights as everyone’s in the pub :slight_smile:

The Ops day was delayed by 60 minutes.

First world problems :unamused:

chester:

Now don’t be like that, getting delayed is the main reason some truckers give for doing 56 through a 50 roadworks, doing 56 on an A road and ignoring advisory signs and lane closures to try and get an edge on delivering quicker.

Big Jase:
ignoring advisory signs and lane closures to try and get an edge on delivering quicker.

:unamused: :unamused:

Big Jase:
…and ignoring advisory signs and lane closures to try and get an edge on delivering quicker.

Or wasting time because some pillock at the HA closes the M5 for roadworks, signs the diversion route to a road closed for…roadworks, and other routes are either weight restricted or plain unsuitable for lorries. Make that member of staff a manager, or a local councillor. :unamused:
Not to mention further up the M5, signs telling you three lanes are closed, when there’s nothing going on and the cone throwers (that’s the real job description by the way) have long gone to the services for their Costa Lotta and to see the ■■■■ in the Sport.
You can criticise people all you want for ignoring signs etc at roadworks, but take a look in the mirror and realise that there’s too many cases of lane closures because someone’s going to pick ragwort sometime tomorrow etc. Maybe removing pointless signs like “check out the works on Facebook” and “lane closures in place for safety reasons” (we know it really means “can’t afford/be arsed to keep moving the cones”) and people will take note of the meaningful ones.

chester:

out of the posts that are on here you are the only one making a sarcastic comment,if you have nothing constructive to say then either don’t reply or stay off the site,as I often say there is allways one

Big Jase:

chester:

Now don’t be like that, getting delayed is the main reason some truckers give for doing 56 through a 50 roadworks, doing 56 on an A road and ignoring advisory signs and lane closures to try and get an edge on delivering quicker.

He’s back!! :grimacing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Left hand down!:

Big Jase:

chester:

He’s back!! :grimacing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Who,moasters best mate :laughing:

I wish I had a pound for every time a trucker delayed my day by whacking a low bridge, shedding their load on a roundabout, trying to reverse back along a farm track/narrow lane/housing estate, etc.

Most truckers also own a car - frightening thought eh? :wink:

truckman020:
came north today on the M5 and got caught up in 2 accidents,first one was around 2pm and involved 2 cars,2nd one was later around 4pm,again 2 cars,i know us hgv drivers are no saints I have had a number of bumps over the years and they were my fault,but never on a motorway and never enough to cause problems for other road users I never understand what it is with car drivers and why they cause other drivers trying to do their job hassel,did not take long to clear but I lost around 1 hour because of them today [no doubt other hgv drivers did as well]

Car cause delay.

Tell you what I’ll moan every time a trucker closes a motorway due to stupidity and I bet I post more than you do.

truckman020:

How considerate of you to plan where you have your bumps and at the same time managing not to cause problems for others!

Sounds like your an accident waiting to happen.Lets hope your next one is not on a motorway and nobody gets hurt.

First driver I have ever heard of that plans where they have an accident… :unamused:

Cotswoldcrunch:

Big Jase:
…and ignoring advisory signs and lane closures to try and get an edge on delivering quicker.

Or wasting time because some pillock at the HA closes the M5 for roadworks, signs the diversion route to a road closed for…roadworks, and other routes are either weight restricted or plain unsuitable for lorries. Make that member of staff a manager, or a local councillor. :unamused:
Not to mention further up the M5, signs telling you three lanes are closed, when there’s nothing going on and the cone throwers (that’s the real job description by the way) have long gone to the services for their Costa Lotta and to see the ■■■■ in the Sport.
You can criticise people all you want for ignoring signs etc at roadworks, but take a look in the mirror and realise that there’s too many cases of lane closures because someone’s going to pick ragwort sometime tomorrow etc. Maybe removing pointless signs like “check out the works on Facebook” and “lane closures in place for safety reasons” (we know it really means “can’t afford/be arsed to keep moving the cones”) and people will take note of the meaningful ones.

Yeah well, we’ve all seem the results of the pricks that ignore them last tuesday haven’t we. Professional drivers. Pah, you should be ashamed.

Did it ever occour to you that they might actually have just finished or just about to start and are getting in position? Nah, course not, you’re far too intelligent for that, that’s why you do what you do and are not working for nasa.

Jamieg:

truckman020:

Car cause delay.

Tell you what I’ll moan every time a trucker closes a motorway due to stupidity and I bet I post more than you do.

I very much doubt that as car drivers are the main cause of accidents on the motorways,listen to the radio traffic reports during the day and virtually everytime there is an accident they will say,two car shunt,4 car shunt or a number of cars have been involved, etc,i will say however that when its an hgv it does cause more problems than most,but eighty per cent of the time its cars,are you an hgv driver,my guess is not

Big Jase:

Cotswoldcrunch:

Big Jase:

Yeah well, we’ve all seem the results of the pricks that ignore them last tuesday haven’t we. Professional drivers. Pah, you should be ashamed.

Did it ever occour to you that they might actually have just finished or just about to start and are getting in position? Nah, course not, you’re far too intelligent for that, that’s why you do what you do and are not working for nasa.

I take it you are H A,

truckman020:

Jamieg:

truckman020:

Car causes delay.

I very much doubt that as car drivers are the main cause of accidents on the motorways,listen to the radio traffic reports during the day and virtually everytime there is an accident they will say,two car shunt,4 car shunt or a number of cars have been involved, etc,i will say however that when its an hgv it does cause more problems than most,but eighty per cent of the time its cars,are you an hgv driver,my guess is not

Most long delays are caused by trucks being involved Either hitting cars or other trucks or by just falling over. And when they do everyone suffers.

I don’t deny that many car drivers are total muppets, but they are in the main amateurs.

Truck drivers are in the main no longer the Knights of the road they used to be. They should be professional in attitude and take into account the fact that the lesser beings driving cars do not possess the superior skills that professional drivers do.

However in many cases now the car drivers seem to have progressed to driving trucks without gaining any extra skills.

Bit like the inmates taking over the asylum.

Add up the hours you are delayed in a month and say a big thanks to your fellow truckers for ■■■■■■■ up your day.

Jamieg:

truckman020:

Jamieg:

truckman020:

Car causes delay.

Most long delays are caused by trucks being involved Either hitting cars or other trucks or by just falling over. And when they do everyone suffers.

I don’t deny that many car drivers are total muppets, but they are in the main amateurs.

Truck drivers are in the main no longer the Knights of the road they used to be. They should be professional in attitude and take into account the fact that the lesser beings driving cars do not possess the superior skills that professional drivers do.

However in many cases now the car drivers seem to have progressed to driving trucks without gaining any extra skills.

Add up the hours you are delayed in a month and say a big thanks to your fellow truckers for [zb] up your day.

as I said in my reply listen to the radio and most times it is the car drivers not the truckers,although I will agree truck drivers are not totally innocent

truckman020:

Jamieg:

truckman020:

Jamieg:

truckman020:

Car causes delay.

Add up the hours you are delayed in a month and say a big thanks to your fellow truckers for [zb] up your day.

as I said in my reply listen to the radio and most times it is the car drivers not the truckers,although I will agree truck drivers are not totally innocent

cambridge-news.co.uk/Severe- … story.html

liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv … ed-7859403

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-li … e-28934111

london24.com/news/man_killed … _1_3763032

warringtonguardian.co.uk/new … rry_crash/

bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/11 … sh_on_M40/

I only picked articles in the last couple of months but trucks appear in all.

That doesn’t mean all truck drivers are bad, but don’t bang on about the ■■■■ car drivers being the bane of your life because the words pot, kettle and black spring to mind.

And as for the HA have only found them to be as helpful as they are allowed to be and most certainly prefer to have them on the roads than not.

albion1971:

truckman020:

How considerate of you to plan where you have your bumps and at the same time managing not to cause problems for others!

Sounds like your an accident waiting to happen.Lets hope your next one is not on a motorway and nobody gets hurt.

First driver I have ever heard of that plans where they have an accident… :unamused:

I don’t recall saying that my accidents were planned,bit of a stupid thing to say for someone who normally talks sense ,and for the record I have never had a serious accident in 34 years of driving, I allways drive in a safe manner,so you are talking rubbish ref an accident waiting to happen,