M4 Lorry fire

Is the M4 open yet after an earlier lorry fire between junction 17 & 18?

Just looking on camera and NO. Still lots of smoke and now a lane 3 closure on opposite c/way.

It’ll be a while!

CL Transport trailer with bales of old cardboard burning nicely. It was on the hard shoulder but the surface of lane one will have to be replaced.

Driver ok. Dropped it and legged it!

Passed westbound about 4pm on my way to another job.

Bacon Sandwich:
It’ll be a while!

CL Transport trailer with bales of old cardboard burning nicely. It was on the hard shoulder but the surface of lane one will have to be replaced.

Looking at the cameras at the moment and there is a long line of smouldering bales on the hard shoulder.

Eastbound is reopened, and all terrain loader there to clear up.

Bacon Sandwich:
It’ll be a while!

Went past not long after it started, must of only been going for a few minutes and the smoke over the opposite carriage was already heavy, no fire engines there yet though.

At least the driver was ok and should be in for a little bonus for at least saving the cab :laughing: , looked like a few tyres were exploding though, sent one of them from the hard shoulder over to lane one!

Cool Thanks, 1 of my drivers decided to turn round and go back to Avonmouth overnight, lets hope it is fully operational by the morning for him as he was only meant to be on a day job and I don’t think he took night out things with him.

andi_cardiff:

Bacon Sandwich:
It’ll be a while!

Went past not long after it started, must of only been going for a few minutes and the smoke over the opposite carriage was already heavy, no fire engines there yet though.

At least the driver was ok and should be in for a little bonus for at least saving the cab :laughing: , looked like a few tyres were exploding though, sent one of them from the hard shoulder over to lane one!

Perfect timing for me (for a change) as when I joined the back of the westbound queue, they’d just reopened my side. I did see the remains of that tyre making a bid for freedom!

Thought it was a bit poor of the driver to drop the trailer on its knees thought!! I dunno, drivers these days! :grimacing: :grimacing:

Bacon Sandwich:

andi_cardiff:

Bacon Sandwich:
It’ll be a while!

Perfect timing for me (for a change) as when I joined the back of the westbound queue, they’d just reopened my side. I did see the remains of that tyre making a bid for freedom!

Thought it was a bit poor of the driver to drop the trailer on its knees thought!! I dunno, drivers these days! :mrgreen: :grimacing:

I bet it was an agency driver… :laughing:

Has the fire spread to Bath yet? would really love that place to burn down

bubsy06:

PMSL

bubsy06:

We’ve got one in Swansea you can have :laughing: :laughing:

gardun:

bubsy06:

We’ve got one in Swansea you can have :laughing: :laughing:

I had 2 deliveries on the kingsway last Friday suffice to say they didn’t arrive :smiley: is that the fire your on about and is it still burning■■?

Bacon Sandwich:

andi_cardiff:

Bacon Sandwich:
Thought it was a bit poor of the driver to drop the trailer on its knees thought!! I dunno, drivers these days! :grimacing: :grimacing:

Quick thinking by the driver probably saved the tractor unit. With flames and smoke billowing out I wouldn’t think he had time to wind the legs down.