Lorry on fire on M6 south

Just passed it now we’re going north luckily over 62 back to bradford for afternoon drop so wont be stuck. How much would you cak your sen if you saw your lorry burst into flames? :smiley: hope the driver is ok could be hold ups for a while on there now!

Straight from our website

On the M6 southbound between junctions J18 and J17, there are currently delays of 15 mins due to a vehicle on fire closing one lane. Normal traffic conditions expected from 12:00 pm.

I went past this vehicle today.

It was a curtainsider Mercedes Sprinter and was well alight.

The driver appeared to be OK considering he was taking photos of it on his phone.

It was just on the hard shoulder at the end of the on slip of J18.

Funny thing was there was nothing on the matrix boards on the approach but the one 500yds AFTER the incident was showing “LANE CLOSED VEHICLE ON FIRE”

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

toowise:
I went past this vehicle today.

It was a curtainsider Mercedes Sprinter and was well alight.

The driver appeared to be OK considering he was taking photos of it on his phone.

It was just on the hard shoulder at the end of the on slip of J18.

Was any emergency service or HATO on scene?

NW_HATO:

As too wise said the signs were set past it, reminds me of the van driver last month who’s axle came out at jct18, we found him at jnc 16 :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

But jnc 18 opposite camera :open_mouth: , not as though you wouldn’t see the smoke :laughing:

Oh i forgot most of the cams are offline quite frequently :unamused:

As N/W Hato’s states unless it’s pretty well confirmed officially it is blanket signals (■■■ covering) until they can be localised.

speedyguy:
As N/W Hato’s states unless it’s pretty well confirmed officially it is blanket signals (■■■ covering) until they can be localised.

That’s what I was working towards - if a MoP has called in it could be anywhere, but all people see is the HA have set the signs wrong again :cry:

Regarding location,on sunday ,us,Police and ambulance were looking for a five vehicle injury rtc ,Junctions 5-4.The rtc was found: J14-13 !!
Monday night,three calls to another five vehicle injury rtc,c/way blocked.
One location was given J6-5,one was given J4-3,one was given J2-1.
The rtc was J4-2.
This is why blanket signs,usually 50’s, are sometimes set over a long distance.

NW_HATO:
[

[/quote]

Not when I went past only thing I saw was a Fire engine heading Northbound from sandbach.