Looking For Tramping Work

Does any one know of any decent companies in newcastle upon tyne who are looking for drivers tramping i have 9 months exp now and hopeing to make a fairly decent wage instead of the peanuts im getting for running around the doors any help would be great. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Going by Davey Drivers post, I would move from Newcastle!! :open_mouth:

If you would travel to Middlesbrough
Bulkhaul, Prestons, and quite a few small Box companies all tramp!!

not too sure what your idea of a " fairly decent wage " is!!

around 400 450 take home or is this asking to much?. :frowning:

Brooksy:

:open_mouth:

Don’t bother with POP then, probably too far for you anyways.

I think that would be hard to get in the North East mate!

We have a few trampers living in the north east, including our Big boss woman Lucy!

Maybe you would be better asking the same question at the weekend when they are all back and surfing Trucknet!

Rob K:

Brooksy:

Rob I was out last week for POP on agency! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
paid at £8 and time&half after 8 £19 night out dosh!! saying that they will not pay to park they own trucks!! :open_mouth: :cry:

2 days with a night out I took home £187. after Heir Brown robbed me!

Donno what the regular guys get!!

TC:

Rob K:

Brooksy:

Rob I was out last week for POP on agency! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
paid at £8 and time&half after 8 £19 night out dosh!! saying that they will not pay to park they own trucks!! :open_mouth: :cry:

2 days with a night out I took home £187. after Heir Brown robbed me!

Donno what the regular guys get!!

Half that.

£5.25 per hour. Or it was last time I spoke to their lads at Lackenby

Brooksy:
hopeing to make a fairly decent wage instead of the peanuts im getting for running around the doors8) :sunglasses:

Hi Brooksy! :wink:
My hubby has been tramping for over 15 years. His average take home pay before night out money is about £375 per week. Of course, that is for the “average” 70 hour week!! :frowning: :open_mouth: In a nutshell (sorry for the pun!! :laughing: ), you’ll still be getting paid the same old “peanuts” but just earning more of them!! :laughing:

hollywood:
£5.25 per hour. Or it was last time I spoke to their lads at Lackenby

its £6 but thats paid for the first 50hrs then overtime at £? night out is £19,how you managed to get £8 ill never know,is was on £7 straight thru…

If you are willing to be away all week, have you thought of trying firms further away. Even taking lodgings and doing day work nearer London.
It’s not advice as such just trying to throw a few more ideas in the pot for consideration. :wink:

I was offered £7 a hour mate!!! but I told them I was getting £8 elsewhere and refused! …they phoned 1/2 hour later and said OK for £8… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

They still refused to pay for parking though. :cry:
Also they paid my breaks which was nice!

Last time I worked for them I did a weekend and got £10.50 for saturday & £14.80 for Sunday! So I dont know what they were paying then!

We can now get £8 because they are getting desperate!

TC:
Going by Davey Drivers post, I would move from Newcastle!! :open_mouth:

If you would travel to Middlesbrough
Bulkhaul, Prestons, and quite a few small Box companies all tramp!!

not too sure what your idea of a " fairly decent wage " is!!

surely he ain’t that desperate tc,that he’d move to middlesbrough :laughing: :laughing:

kitkat:

TC:
surely he ain’t that desperate tc,that he’d move to middlesbrough :laughing: :laughing:

Well at least the guys dont wear skirts!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

oi thats my insult :laughing: :laughing:

TC:

kitkat:

TC:

Well at least the guys dont wear skirts!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

or knickers !!

oddsodz:

TC:

kitkat:

TC:

or knickers !!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: LMAO

thats wot i like bout yous english…aye nothing :laughing: :laughing:

kitkat:
thats wot i like bout yous english…aye nothing :laughing: :laughing:

who said i was a sassenach !!!

It disgusts me when i read about how much drivers earn in different parts of the country…we are all doing the same job with loads of hours…the inconvenience of nights out…and a loaf of bread is not much difference north or south…and then companies that refuse to pay for decent parking…a boss i once worked for also said that although he was paying a guaranteed £500 take home for five days (legal) work…with £100 cash for saturday or sunday even if it was 1/2 a day…but i parked in lymm truckstop once and he refused to pay the parking…so the following week i parked on site with a tip the next morning, it was in warrington at the brewery…however he phoned me early evening to ask how i was doing…so i told him i had parked in toxteth and i was in the pub, to which he replied after swearing.i`ll have no wheels left in the morning…so i told him that he had refused to pay the parking in a safe area…then he agreed to pay in future including the one he owed me…more than one way to skin a cat i say…have a nice day