Class 1 Tramping

Hi all does anyone know the average rate for this type of work and has anyone done this as a nooby. I’m in the Gateshead/Newcastle area if that helps as I understand rates do vary by region.

Many thanks

Won’t be anymore per hour than any other job,you SHOULD also get 20-25 night out money so normal rates plus £100-125

Godzilla41:
Hi all does anyone know the average rate for this type of work and has anyone done this as a nooby. I’m in the Gateshead/Newcastle area if that helps as I understand rates do vary by region.

Many thanks

What you looking at? There’s a lot of tramping jobs about just now, can’t say I’m surprised when they offer crap money for it.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Obviously I don’t know much about Tramping. Do the guys generally park up anywhere safe or do you have to stop at services? If so is that free or cost a bomb(who covers that)
Cheers

EddieMD:

Godzilla41:

Many thanks

What you looking at? There’s a lot of tramping jobs about just now, can’t say I’m surprised when they offer crap money for it.

I’ve noticed that too. Alot advertised at the minute. I’m looking at a few but there’s no mention of rates.

Godzilla41:
Thanks

Obviously I don’t know much about Tramping. Do the guys generally park up anywhere safe or do you have to stop at services? If so is that free or cost a bomb(who covers that)
Cheers

I see a lot parked up in services, lay-bys …anywhere and everywhere really, a pain when I’m on nights and just trying to find a place to stop for a break…lol!

Depends on each firm.

On the whole my lads park up where they feel best, if there’s a parking charge, then we pay for it.

albion:
Depends on each firm.

On the whole my lads park up where they feel best, if there’s a parking charge, then we pay for it.

You might let the drivers decide, but are you not a bit of an exception? :smiley:
I think generally some firms will insist on services carpark and pay for it. While others may allow the driver to use their wits and possibly rewards them a little with that freedom. A lot of drivers hate services, and know of better places to night out :wink:, so they don’t want to be tied to services…

I’ve never tramped, but if I did I’d want the freedom to park where I feel best suits me, and not the firm…

I’m not a fan of services even for a break. I always feel I’m disturbing guys by going in and parking only a few feet from them…weird I know but …I’m just a considerate kinda guy… [emoji3]

Personal preference then as long as it’s safe. :slight_smile:

Godzilla41:

You going for it? If you fancy tramping there’s usually ads for transporters out of Middlesbrough’s that are 4 on 4 off and sposed to pay well. Can’t say I’m familiar with them and never done that type before but if I recall they’ll train you and take new drivers. Quite sure some of the guys on here could say more about the job.

EddieMD:

Godzilla41:

You going for it? If you fancy tramping there’s usually ads for transporters out of Middlesbrough’s that are 4 on 4 off and sposed to pay well. Can’t say I’m familiar with them and never done that type before but if I recall they’ll train you and take new drivers. Quite sure some of the guys on here could say more about the job.

Probably yeah, I’d prefer that to say store runs. Trunking or Tramping for me I think. I think Boro is too far of a commute but thanks.

EddieMD:

Godzilla41:
Thanks

Cheers

I see a lot parked up in services, lay-bys …anywhere and everywhere really, a pain when I’m on nights and just trying to find a place to stop for a break…lol!

How do you find nights? I don’t think I’ll get much kip during the day ready for night shift having kids getting up for school lol

Godzilla41:

EddieMD:

Godzilla41:
Thanks

Cheers

How do you find nights? I don’t think I’ll get much kip during the day ready for night shift having kids getting up for school lol

To be honest it’s taking its toll. I don’t get much sleep and constantly tired. It’s ok if i manage to get a kip. I’m eating loads and drinking loads if tea and sweet drinks. Takes a bit of getting used to. The jobs easy, it’s the lifestyle change.
I went up to my parents a few weeks back after a 15hr shift and a 3 hr drive up there. Put my head down at 3 in the afternoon for a quick nap and woke to find it was half nine the following morning…felt good though…[emoji16] [emoji2] [emoji2]

Godzilla41:
Probably yeah, I’d prefer that to say store runs. Trunking or Tramping for me I think. I think Boro is too far of a commute but thanks.

It might be too far for a daily commute, but if you are out for 4/5 nights, then maybe it isn’t. Two of mine live Manchester way but work out of the Herts office.

albion:

Godzilla41:

It might be too far for a daily commute, but if you are out for 4/5 nights, then maybe it isn’t. Two of mine live Manchester way but work out of the Herts office.

I agree there that if you’re out for a few nights it adds more options and distance to commute to possible employers as it’s not a daily thing but a once a week trip

I am considering doing tramping ,but all the firms i have contacted want 2 years experience .
The moneys not that good concidering you live in the cab and are security aswell .are there many firms around coventry who do it any of you lads know ?

EddieMD:

Godzilla41:

Morning EddieMD

After some thinking and the helpful advice on here I might look into those ads you’ve seen in Middlesbrough for class one tramping. Can I ask where you seen these as the job sites I use( reed,CV library and indeed) doesn’t have it on? Either that or it’s too early in the morning as and I’ve missed it. More coffee needed ~o)

Godzilla41:

EddieMD:

Godzilla41:

Morning EddieMD

After some thinking and the helpful advice on here I might look into those ads you’ve seen in Middlesbrough for class one tramping. Can I ask where you seen these as the job sites I use( reed,CV library and indeed) doesn’t have it on? Either that or it’s too early in the morning as and I’ve missed it. More coffee needed ~o)

They pop up every now and then on either indeed or total jobs…and a good morning to you. Middlesbrough was hellish with fog round 4am this morning…yuk…just thought I’d throw that in…lol

Godzilla41:

EddieMD:

Godzilla41:

Morning EddieMD

Just saw this
totaljobs.com/

Hope that links ok. There’s a class 1 short term job …a grand a week but in Glasgow, up till 23rd December