Looking for C+E training in North West Manchester

Thanks to those who responded, just a bit of an update I guess. Acting on recomendations I have been in contact with Paul at Hindley and that resulted in a 1hr assessment last Sunday. Paul is just as described, a very easy person to get on with from the off and he has a very comfortable training style.

I left on Sunday assuring him I would be back in contact to do my training and the test once I had sorted the Theory Hazard Perception tests. Well I took and passed both those yesterday, 100% on the Theory and 90 on the Hazards (I think I was clicking too soo :sunglasses: )

So I am getting back to Paul to progress the training/test :smiley:

Thanks again.

iDriver:
There are 6 links to ‘Lancashire’ based training, 2 of the links no longer exist and another takes you to an out of date page.

Hi iDriver,

As already mentioned, the links in the recommended training providers topic are updated as and when somebody makes a recommendation.

It’s also true that the original post is dated as you mentioned, but we don’t have time to check each link every so often, so we have to rely on feedback such as yours. Thanks for that.

iDriver:
There are 6 links to ‘Lancashire’ based training, 2 of the links no longer exist and another takes you to an out of date page.

Hi iDriver,

I’ve checked the ‘Lancashire’ links and fixed the faults, so they’re all working now.

It’ looks like Enterprise are doing some work on their site because some of their internal links aren’t working, so I’ve made a link to a part of their site that does work.

Thanks again for the tip. :smiley:

Hi
Have a look at this school,they look ok.
redrosetraining.co.uk/

scousecriz:
Hi
Have a look at this school,they look ok.
redrosetraining.co.uk/

Hi scousecriz,

Cheers for the tip. :smiley:
Red Rose have previously been recommended by TN members, and so they’re on the TN list already.

I checked their link on the “tips” page along with all the other Lancs LGV tuition providers this afternoon.

i passed my C first time with Redrose and ill prob go with them again for C+E and theyre JAUPT approved. They use MAN 4 over4 trucks which are nice to drive.

It was a toss up between them and Hindley green lgv, (5mins from home) but they arent JAUPT approved.

Try stockport hgv training in manchester be they assess u first then can tell u how many hours you need be on the intetnet.

I passed with surepass they were excellent. They used to be in bolton and yes its the same company that does the learner cars

Hi all, this is my first post so a bit about me. I am fast approaching 55 and I shall be finishing my current job when I get to my 55th birthday. I am therefore looking to plan a new career for the remainder of my working life, driving C+E.

I am looking to get my licence before I leave my current job and pick up some agency work to get the ‘experience’ so many employers demand.

So first step is to get recommendations from anyone who has trained with one of the North West companies, namely Bolton, Wigan, Preston and Warrington.

Cheers.

Hello and Welcome.

Have a look around the forums - there’s a thread somewhere with a list of all recommended trainers and the area they are in.

Secondly, I’m not sure if you know as you only stated CE, but you need to sit your C first in order to move onto CE. At least I’m pretty sure that’s how it works.

Lastly, enjoy your stay here. :wink:

Sam Millar:
Hello and Welcome.

Have a look around the forums - there’s a thread somewhere with a list of all recommended trainers and the area they are in.

Secondly, I’m not sure if you know as you only stated CE, but you need to sit your C first in order to move onto CE. At least I’m pretty sure that’s how it works.

Lastly, enjoy your stay here. :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=44667&p=503949#p503949

And yes you need Catgory C pass to gain Category C+E provisional license

Yes you are both correct about about requiring C to then go and again C + E, I was not going to include the for fear of teaching anyone to ■■■■ eggs :smiley:

Most of the LGV training centres I have found do the C as part of a package for those seeking to go straight for the C+E after it. As has been suggested, I had looked at those listed in the thread mentioned above, which by the way had some really valuable information throughout. However, that thread is dated April 09 making it 2 1/2 years old and two of the ‘Lancashire’ links no longer work. So I am hoping for some more up to date recommendations from anyone who has used a NW based training centre in the past 12 months and can recommend their services.

Cheers.

iDriver:
Yes you are both correct about about requiring C to then go and again C + E, I was not going to include the for fear of teaching anyone to ■■■■ eggs :smiley:

Most of the LGV training centres I have found do the C as part of a package for those seeking to go straight for the C+E after it. As has been suggested, I had looked at those listed in the thread mentioned above, which by the way had some really valuable information throughout. However, that thread is dated April 09 making it 2 1/2 years old and two of the ‘Lancashire’ links no longer work. So I am hoping for some more up to date recommendations from anyone who has used a NW based training centre in the past 12 months and can recommend their services.

Cheers.

I can assure you the thread is looked at and maintained regularly, almost always when someone passed - they often like to recommend. Simply because the date is from way back in April 09, doesn’t mean that the thread hasn’t been edited since. :slight_smile:

That thread does get up dated form time -time just as & when required

You could look in the yellow pages to see what is there

But I would recommend that you go & look at several places near you to see what they are like speak to the people who work there have a look round to see what suit you best

Although there are several trainers on here bit further than you live but do offer B&B if required you could ask them

Might be a bit far for you but there is a company based in Ancoats, Manchester called Enterprise. I did my training with them and the were brilliant. Website is www.elgv.com, it was a very old website but grab the phone number and give them a call.

Sam Millar:

iDriver:

Cheers.

I can assure you the thread is looked at and maintained regularly, almost always when someone passed - they often like to recommend. Simply because the date is from way back in April 09, doesn’t mean that the thread hasn’t been edited since. :slight_smile:

Hi Sam,

It’s correct that the original thread is from April '09, but it was posted as a collaboration between a few of us, as is a lot of the other “training tips” stuff.

If anybody finds a dead link in the recommendations post, then please PM me and tell me which link it is.
I’ll check it out and then fix or delete it, because feedback helps us to keep it all up-to-date. :smiley:

Check out Paul at paulslgvtraining.com

A geniune guy and top quality training that isn’t overpriced, he is based in Hindley green wigan.

I did both C and C+E with him and would recommend him to anyone. ( both of my training diaries are on the forum somewhere, they will give you a good insight.).

John.

Sam Millar:

Thanks Sam, I wasn’t suggesting it hadn’t been revisited only that it wasn’t as up to date as direct responses to my post would be :sunglasses:

driverjohn:
Check out Paul at paulslgvtraining.com

A geniune guy and top quality training that isn’t overpriced, he is based in Hindley green wigan.

I did both C and C+E with him and would recommend him to anyone. ( both of my training diaries are on the forum somewhere, they will give you a good insight.).

John.

Thanks John,

I will check them out. I went across to one in Bolton at weekend but I was not impressed with the old shabby vehicles that I could see. They may provide quality training but it just didn’t look like a professional setup.

Mark

Hello Mark
I Too can reccomend Paul at Hindly green mate I had an assessment with him three weeks ago he uses a daf ex post office truck and it a great truck to drive on CE … After I failed twice with a Bolton setup who spent most of his time on his mobile phone when he was ment to be training me … or shouting at me … but I was funded at the time so didnt have a choice But now I am working I will be re taking my CE … again and at half the price that was paid to the cowboy outfit that I wasted 5 days training with … so three weeks ago I phoned Hindly Green booked an assessment for £37 and it was a pleasure to have a trainer who was calm and Knew the test routes inside out and said I only neaded another 3 hrs and test … £245 including test when the cowboys wanted more than that just for me to use the truck for YET ANOTHER RE TEST …plus they have been payed in full for my 35 hrs DCPC and I have only done 21 hrs since june and only have certificates for 16 of those …
so if your going to look in Bolton be very careful mate if you PM me I will tell you who not to go with … :wink:
best regards