Recommend driving schools north manchester

hi,
just after abit of help/advice!! I’m hoping to get started doing my cat c license then onto cat c+e.
Does anybody know a good driving school north Manchester area? (Oldham, Rochdale, Bury or Middleton)
or if there is any i should avoid?

this would be a great help for any feedback!!
cheers
dave__b

hi dave welcome to the forum, dont know any training schools from manchester as im from belfast, but somebody will be along soon to help you out, good luck with the training and keep us posted, davy :slight_smile:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=44667&p=503949#p503949

Scroll down to see then click

i took my class 1 with a firm called enterprise there are really good firm all the instructors are bob on and really know how to put you at ease they have a yard not far from citys ground

Pioneer Training, Chadderton. Cream and brown coloured Volvo FL6 usually seen around the Oldham and Middleton area. Tommy the instructor had a yard behind the Sportsman pub on Broadway.
Did a class 1 course with Enterprise in an urban type Leyland tractor unit with a full sized box trailer which was totally mis-matched and wasn’t impressed.

I passed just on other side, in Stockport, With Stockport HGV.

They are really good, with good price’s. I passed first time in 3 days of training!

cliffton 27:
i took my class 1 with a firm called enterprise there are really good firm all the instructors are bob on and really know how to put you at ease they have a yard not far from citys ground

Me too and they were cracking…did c and c+e with them…

Would recommend without hesitation. :smiley:

I passed with stockport good company most driving instructors are v good was one who was a complete ■■■ ex army arragant man think his name was ralph something like that just ask them not to send u out with him everyone else was great put u at ease 9 out of ten.

cheers for the feedback i was think either enterprise, pioneer or red rose! i have tried to research a couple of these company’s on the internet and also from other drivers at my works. i think I’m going too go with Enterprise.
i will keep posting too give others a review/feedback

thanks again for your help everyone!!!
cheers
dave__b

Hi Dave, i’m in South Manchester. Thinking of doing my training with Enterprise as well. I’m going to check some other places out first though :slight_smile:

Good luck with your training!

Go & visit them all to see what they are all like & how you feel with them after speaking to the instructors

Hi dave_b, I got my C with Peter Smythe transport training Mansfield Notts, after previous failure, I heard they were good so decided to travel up from down country, their training was very good & having gained my C pass, I will return there for my C+E .
& welcome :slight_smile:

Zer0:
Hi Dave, i’m in South Manchester. Thinking of doing my training with Enterprise as well. I’m going to check some other places out first though :slight_smile:

Good luck with your training!

i’ve just booked my medical- theory- theory books for £100 which i thought was pretty cheap

animal:
Go & visit them all to see what they are all like & how you feel with them after speaking to the instructors

hi, I’m going to be doing that had lots of mixed feedback of which one’s too use ive got my mind set on Enterprise or Pennine. these are the only one’s i have been recommended!!
cheers
dave__b

Did mine with enterprise on the back of a recomendation, Done me proud :grimacing:

B1 GGK:
Did mine with enterprise on the back of a recomendation, Done me proud :grimacing:

me too id recomend them to anyone

I used Red Rose In Bolton they got me though Cat C and CE first time instructors are very good.

hi all just reporting back on where i’m upto, I’ve gone with enterprise and i was put at ease straight away, the instructor was very ease to get on with!! I have booked 20hours with my test on the 25th of september he said i would probably only need 16 hours but to be on the safe side gone with 20!!!
i will keep updating for anyone who is thinking of going with enterprise.

dave__b:
hi all just reporting back on where i’m upto, I’ve gone with enterprise and i was put at ease straight away, the instructor was very ease to get on with!! I have booked 20hours with my test on the 25th of september he said i would probably only need 16 hours but to be on the safe side gone with 20!!!
i will keep updating for anyone who is thinking of going with enterprise.

Glad you went with Enterprise, only just seen this thread. I did my C and C+E with them and I lived miles away at the time, was well worth travelling. Out of interest let me know which instructor you get.

hi all, pleased to say i passed my class 2 today!! I would highly recommend Enterprise my instructor was called john great guy! Even when i made mistakes he was calm and chilled which i think is how they should be! There was one called Alan who i wasn’t keen on, i made a mistake and he started raising his voice. After reflecting that day i felt i had gone a step backwards! Apart from that all was good !! and really glad i chose them!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: