Newbie in training (Manchester)

Hi all,

I’ve got my class 2 test booked for the 18th of this month. Previously failed twice with red rose training around 1 year ago so decided to go with enterprise in ancoats this time.

I putting my previous fails down to nerves. Hopefully I’ll pass 3rd time lucky!

Hgv driving runs in my family, 3 out of 4 of my uncles do it and my grandad also did it for years and years before retiring.

Anyone have a rough idea of a reasonable hourly/weekly pay rate for a new passed class 2 driver? I’m hopeing the pass and gain some experience and then go for the c+e test.

I passed my class 2 with enterprise and then my class 1 with them in January, I’m currently driving class 2’s for the last 5 months now, I’m on £10 per hour, its hard graft though, looking to get on a class 1 job asap

cheers

Good luck ricky everythin be ok 3rd time lucky!

How long did u have to wait for work andy? Just waiting to do my mod 4

Also what time work are doing is it company in manchester?

Thanks lads. My uncles passed with enterprise too. One of them failed 5 times with red rose then went to enterprise and passed straight away with them.

Start my training on the 14th, test on the 18th and CPC on the 25th.

I’m hopeing to try and get night work as I’ve always done nights in previous jobs.

Don’t mind the graft just want to get me and my girlfriend in a place of our own and enjoy driving.

Red Rose is supposed to have a good rep generally so is this a problem with one particular instructor :question:

No I don’t think so as I had a different instructor both times. My first instructor was called bill and was very very good, can’t remember the name of my second instructor.

I think it was a mixture of nerves and lack of knowledge for the test area. Both tests I was taken on routes that I’d never covered with both instructors. I no I can drive on any road but being very nervous and going where I’d never driven before didn’t do me any good.

i did pass my test with red rose on new years eve with a guy called Jeff Davidson can’t fault them myself personally.

Can’t really fault then instructors other than after 2 days training it felt like they just let me drive where ever I wanted too and hey seemed abit bored. Probably not all instructors do that but my second one certainly did,

Other than that I’d say the people In the office just don’t care and want he money. Fail your test and they try and book you in straight after, told them I haven’t got the money yet and reply was “nothing we can do until you do then, see you” no offer of payment plan or reduction in price.