Category C Training in Wigan/ Manchester area

Hello,

I’m new to the forum and was just wondering if anyone could recommend a training school in the Wigan/ Manchester area?

I do really want my licence, however there is some doubt in my mind as to whether I would actually be able to drive a truck. Is there any way of having a one off lesson to get a feel for the truck and see how comfortable I am, before I part with around £1300?

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Megan [emoji2]

From what I see on this forum, most trainers will offer an assessment drive, which is normally free…

Welcome to the forum! :smiley:

Red rose training in Bolton will make it real easy for ya based at stoneclough passed 1 and 2 first time with them can’t rate em highly enough

paulslgvtraining.com/

Also - check out the link in my signature below

ninconpoop:
Red rose training in Bolton will make it real easy for ya based at stoneclough passed 1 and 2 first time with them can’t rate em highly enough

Agree with Red Rose. I went to see them on Wednesday and I’ve just signed up with them. Very helpful and talk you through everything.
Medical booked for Tuesday.
Total career change for me. Just turned 40 and getting made redundant in January. I’m a manager for a large insurance company and just had enough of the office environment. Can’t wait to get started.

Enjoy it. I was an insurance underwriter for 15 years before redundancy caused me to rethink what I was doing.

Been at it since September and enjoying it so far. OK there are some difficult days where things go a bit pear shaped but so long as you learn from the odd mistake you make then it gets easier.

Good luck with your training…

+1 for Red Rose.

Nice size trucks, friendly office staff and trainers and well priced.

Passed first time Cat C (16 hours). Will be booking my C+E with them in the new year.

I used Town and Country from Melling

I used Pete Smythe as was happy to travel to him having met the guy on his open day! Check out a few companies and go with who you feel comfortable with, your paying at the end of the day so get the best you can :slight_smile:

I would +1 Smythe’s

When it comes to HGV training I reccommend you be willing to travel for the right training and trainer

You cant go wrong with Red Rose.

danthetrucker:
Enjoy it. I was an insurance underwriter for 15 years before redundancy caused me to rethink what I was doing.

Been at it since September and enjoying it so far. OK there are some difficult days where things go a bit pear shaped but so long as you learn from the odd mistake you make then it gets easier.

Good luck with your training…

Cheers mate. Got Hiab training in the morning. Really looking forward to it.
Just want to get on with it now.

Paul @ Hindley Green HGV Training for me everytime, personally I didn’t take to Redrose, but as you can see from others posts, plenty of people rate them. Good luck either way.