Looking at Doing my class 1

Looking at Doing my class 1 with Eddie stobbart driver training team just woundering has anyone do it with them and what was the course like and how long was the course?? Also do you think you will get a job right after this or not really??

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=125894

Surely you get a job with Eddie Stobart at the end?

8 quid an hour there on or there abouts, so work out how much investment you will have to spend out to get trained up and how long it will take you to get your money back, compare wages against that of fork lift drivers or shop workers in asda and there hourly rate etc and you might be a better picture of just what driving and money in the game is all about. unless of course you not bothered about the money side or the hours and you just want to sit up high in a cab thinking the whole world is going to be amazed at you driving such a thing ?

you do get a nice green uniform as well for working for them, and there are a few nerds up and down the country who might want your autograph and picture

Denooooooooooooo I think you might be trying to wind people up and you won’t have a problem because you mention ES.
For some reason there is a lot of spitefulness towards them. They have good and bad drivers like any other company.
At least we will get a laugh at all the childish answers though. :laughing:

Looks like they are all ignoring you Denoooo! I really wonder why. Well I actually know why but that’s my little secret.
Or maybe desypete has put you off?
Anyway I would say go for it. Eddie Stobart employees get better looked after than people on here would let you believe.
Keep us informed.

desypete:
unless of course you not bothered about the money side or the hours and you just want to sit up high in a cab thinking the whole world is going to be amazed at you driving such a thing ?

Or maybe he just wants to get his HGVs and wants to be a lorry driver. Ive always wanted to drive artics and the money was nothing to do with it. But neither was it all about “sitting up high thinking the world was amazed at me driving such a thing”. Rather poor attitude to show,and a bit out of order to border line insult someone interested in getting into the industry. Your right about the wages being poor,im not disputing it,but your bitter attitude to hgv driving,and your obvious hatred of it, makes me wonder why you keep coming onto an hgv forum

desypete:
compare wages against that of fork lift drivers

True enough.

desypete:
or shop workers in asda and there hourly rate etc

HAHAHAHAHA.

Till/cage monkeys earn minimum wage. At some places, they pay minimum wage for 21+ year olds. So the younger ones get above minimum (min wage for a 16 year old is something like £4.50). Only place you get more than min wage for till work/backdoor stuff is Waitrose (£6.70).

Anyone who spouts this sort of ■■■■ has obviously never worked in a shop. It’s ■■■■■■■ awful. Even the long days and ■■■■■ you have to deal with in this game are far more tolerable than having an arsey gaffer breathing down your neck and writing snide notes about the staff performance (and then putting them up on the doors).

Originally from the U.K, emigrated to Perth Australia in 2002. I drive artics for Toll Logistics my standard Hourly rate is no secret - $32 per hour for the 1st 7.5 hours, overtime rate anything over 7.5 hours, and double time weekends.

Usually work a 10 hour shift 4 days a week and work all day Saturday and Sunday in the busy season which is mainly Christmas, New year, and Easter at double time. Have an old mate that does European work and sure he is on a decent wage - more than what drivers say on here, I could be wrong though !..Seems you guys are under paid ?